Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820146890 , And im wanting to get around DDR500 speeds with the memory. i was looking at this stuff just now http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820146355 And see some reviews of people running this at 2-2-2-5 at ddr500, is that possible for OCZ as well, i guess lossening the timings its a huge deal but i would love to run it at 2.2.2.5 DDR500... what do you all think? i could cancle my OCZ and get the mushkin..

also i know how to tell if its TCCD by the v1.0 or whatever, is there also a way to tell by looking at the chips themselves?

·
Registered
130 Posts
in one word, yes. I prefer mushkin because it seems to be able to be pushed further than stock recommendations more than any other brand
Besides, they were responsible for the 2-2-2-5 bh5 that is very highly sought for its overclocking potential. So yeah go for the mushkin

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I read some more reviews on the OCZ and a LOT of people got to 250 fsb easily. i think ima try it out, if i dont like my OCing results ill just return it for the mushkin. I think with any of these its a gamble, also i saw a mushkin review saying they are using the TCC5 chips now and its not as nice as it was before, obviously a lot of reviews are just morons but ima try out the OCZ, if it isnt to my satisfaction ill return for the mushkin, thanks for the input mate.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
that OCZ clocks great. i've pushed it to 275Mhz 3-4-4-8 at only 2.8 volts (max of my older motherboard) i'm sure it could more or 275Mhz with slightly better timings if you up the voltage. for DDR500 speeds, you could surely tighten the timings down. however, don't freak about slower timings. they really do not hurt general performance THAT much. DDR550 @ 3-4-4-8 will beat out DDR500 at tighter timings the majority of the time (except maybe programs like SuperPI that eat timings alive, lol)

so in short, don't worry about the timings, just push the speed as high as you can.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, i hope im making a smart choice, a lot have said nicer ram is a big improovment over generic stuff. i could of just got another 512 of the stuff i have now for liek 50 bucks and tried to get 250 out of it, im at 240 with my brothers 3-3-3-8 mushkin. but im hoping this ram prooves worth it, thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts