Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you if have already read my HDMI imput fried thread,you have the background story.
Just 5 minutes ago i came to my department in a city 1hr away from home with the ps3 in the trunk of the car hoping to plug the ps3 into the 42" hdtv and play.
Now i plug the power cord and the HDMI cable,press the ON button until it beeps once and...............NO IMAGE!!!!! THE FREAKING THING SHOWS NO IMAGE!!
Is it possible that the bad cable fried BOTH the imput of the tv and the output of the ps3?
Now please tell me that this is a bad cable and not a fried output,i don't mind the fried tv imput since i have other tv and i ordered a 24" hdmi monitor.
btw right now i don't have another device to test the cable,maybe in one hour i will.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Do you get any sound? If so you need to reset the video settings. Hold the power button for a few seconds until it beeps a few times. Then it will reset to default but you will need the original cables it came with to use it again.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stanrc
View Post

Do you get any sound? If so you need to reset the video settings. Hold the power button for a few seconds until it beeps a few times. Then it will reset to default but you will need the original cables it came with to use it again.

Mine worked with a cheap-o HDMI cable after I did the video settings reset.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by stanrc
View Post

This is what i did:
Plug power cord into wal---->plug HDMI cable on the tv and ps3---->press power button for 5 secs----->no image.
the first time i turned the ps3 on it was connected using the HDMI output only.

-----EDIT-----
after trying the HDMI and getting no image yesterday at my house i tried the standard A/V output and it worked fine.

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
you need to put the the ps3 in hd mode or ull get no picture i think it like tap the eject button 3 times or summet like that

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by el gappo
View Post

you need to put the the ps3 in hd mode or ull get no picture i think it like tap the eject button 3 times or summet like that

there's no need to do that,should automatically work after holding the button for 5 secs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts