Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to re install everything on my computer. Everything was fine until i installed Service Pack 2. Now i did disable some services wich are useless. The probleme when i start the computer everything is fine until i get to my background. I could see it but no buttons apear for at least like 30 seconds and then everything is fine !!! what the hellllllllllll ??????????????

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DFA

I had to re install everything on my computer. Everything was fine until i installed Service Pack 2. Now i did disable some services wich are useless. The probleme when i start the computer everything is fine until i get to my background. I could see it but no buttons apear for at least like 30 seconds and then everything is fine !!! what the hellllllllllll ??????????????

I don't know of any specific fix, but you could attempt several things.

Even though this is a fresh install/repair install...

1. Run Adaware / Spybot S&D - to hunt down spyware.

2. Run CCleaer / Tweaknow Regclener - to fix registry corruption that may be present.

3. Insert your OS CD-ROM, open the "Run" dialogue box and type "sfc /scannow" without quotation marks and hit enter.

4. Check all your hardware/windows drivers are up to date - get all the latest from the net.

5. Defrag your HDD and use MS Bootvis to dfrag your boot files.

If you do all this, I would imagine it would solve your problem or at least make your 30 second wait less than 30 seconds. It is kind of like carpet bombing to kill one terrorist, but it should work and should also speed up your PC in general.

Hope this helps.

Highly-Annoyed

4 Posts
your complaining about 30 seconds your luck mine takes like a minute from login to useable desktop and i have sp2 with no addons clean install sp2 takes longer just get used to it Ungrateful little :turd:

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OVERCLOCK-AMD'S-I-MUST

your complaining about 30 seconds your luck mine takes like a minute from login to useable desktop and i have sp2 with no addons clean install sp2 takes longer just get used to it Ungrateful little :turd:

Yeah, very helpful...

Highly-Annoyed

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well what services did you disable that you found useless?

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Quote:

Somebody needs a defrag and a bit of virus/adware/spyware scanning.

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
Quote:

What a noob...Dont post anything unhelpful mate..Anyway mate do what Highly-Annoyed said above..i couldnt of said it better myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts