Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a heatsink with a top mounted cooler on it. Its rather tall so its only about an inch clearance from the side intake case fan.

Theyre both blowing air in the same direction, though would I be better off taking the case fan off due to it interfering with the cpu intake fan, or would it actually be beneficial to have both pulling in air?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
There shouldnt be a problem with your current setup. If anything the additional side fan will help your temps.

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by channelx99 View Post
I have a heatsink with a top mounted cooler on it. Its rather tall so its only about an inch clearance from the side intake case fan.

Theyre both blowing air in the same direction, though would I be better off taking the case fan off due to it interfering with the cpu intake fan, or would it actually be beneficial to have both pulling in air?
It would be beneficial to leave it on because it is taking fresh cold air from outside the case and feeding it into your cpu cooler. If you took it out, your temps would probably rise.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ill leave it on then. Its a pain taking the case fans on and off anyways since the screws I have are really cheap and always strip when I try to screw them in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts