Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering if it would notice any heat difference at all if I put my computer in my brothers closet? Here are pics: I can get measurements too if you want. Its a big closet, hopefully the pictures wont decieve you.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
There is no pic, and its not a good idea to have it in the closet, your computer needs fresh air too you know

·
Registered
174 Posts
Even though its a big closet it can still get heated easily specially if the thing is going 24/7. If there is a air vent or something going inside the closet and fresh air is able to move into the closet you should be fine, but this would be the same for a room. If the room is closed off and if you wait long enough you will notice your room temperature is higher than normal.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the closet dosent have a vent

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok new idea, what if i keep my computer where it is but is it ok if i stick my radiator inside my closet? A) will a radiator have as much as an effect(gtx480 with 8 fans) B) is it ok for the tubing to be that long in the loop?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mcp655 is the pump. It will be a cpu and gpu loop.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Putting the rad in the closet would have basically the same effect. Since that is the heat exchanger, it will heat up the closet, and therefore increase the ambient temperatures, increasing the water temperatures, and therefore your equipment temperatures.

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
Lol this does not sound like a good idea. Putting something hot in a closed space with little to no ventilation is a BAD IDEA and will only make the closet hot until the computer temps level out with the ambient temps which will be pretty high. Unless you put a vent in your closet with it's own air conditioner, I would say no.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian_ View Post
why even put it in the closet in first place?
gtx 480 with 8 fans=loud!, even with a fan controller. its not ear shattering(to some people) but its definalty noticeable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts