Discussion Starter #1
i have clc 280 aio and i was reinstalling in another case
the paste on the cpu is dry but i put a cover innthe block
is one or both ok to use?
it was exposed for 3 days

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
20,793 Posts
If you're removing/replacing a heatsink/waterblock you always should replace the paste. It's like $5 for a tube. Exposure to air is irrelevant.

You might get acceptable temps but you won't know without trying it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
At least spit on it...

• Rep+
Reactions: Deedaz

·
Registered
392 Posts
Always clean and apply new paste when remounting any cooler, otherwise you'll get hot spots with no contact with the cooler cold plate.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgaming247 View Post

which paste do you recomend?
I'd go for "Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut" Depending where you are it's only a few £ or $

·
Registered
392 Posts
Most pastes won't make much of a difference between them. I myself still use a big tube of MX-4 that I bought when I built my pc 4 years ago, still works just fine. Kryonaut is good but finicky. Just don't use a liquid metal-based TIM like CLU as it will not play nice with your cooler cold plate.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

If it's an old paste then it's best to replace it, if you're just moving it early after mounting and it's well spread there is enough of it, probably no difference when reapplying. You can always mount check and then repaste if needed. Dry or cracked paste sounds very old.
its not dry but its been exposed for a week

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

If it's an old paste then it's best to replace it, if you're just moving it early after mounting and it's well spread there is enough of it, probably no difference when reapplying. You can always mount check and then repaste if needed. Dry or cracked paste sounds very old.
Depending on how the Mount works, this can lead to air bubbles in the application.

OP, you should just re paste with new paste.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts