Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found something quite strange, if I go into sleep mode and come back, my CPU never goes back to say 0 usage, it's constantly and 29-30 usage, never idleing, and it seems the windows "system idle process" is what is doing this, I have to restart to solve it, what the heck is this bit and why is it using my CPU constantly?

This crap keeps my CPU idleing @ 45-46c instead of 36-37c -.-

Say if I usually play HL1, generally my temps would be 40c, and usage would be 20, now it's 55-60 usage, and 46-48c, this crap is annoying, what is it, and why is it just now starting to do this?

Now if I walk away from my computer and don't use it at all, my temps stay high on idle, and my CPU is constantly @ 16-20-30 percentage usage for no reason, quite annoying personally...I can't even get an idle temp anymore when it does this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
981 Posts
System Idle Process is the percentage of the time that the cpu is idle. That should not impact your cpu over a negligible amount. Are you sure it's not a virus?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by B7ADE
View Post

System Idle Process is the percentage of the time that the cpu is idle. That should not impact your cpu over a negligible amount. Are you sure it's not a virus?

I'll leave the computer on and do a scan..but I'm pretty sure not, it keeps my usage constantly @ 16+, very annoying as randomly today it started doing this.

If I bring up my task manager it says "System Idle Process - CPU 82" and is otherwise all over the place...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,612 Posts
I think you are getting a bit mixed up.
If it says System Idle Process is at 82% that means there is something using the other 18%, you should be looking to see what that is instead.

The more your System Idle Process goes up, the more your computer is doing nothing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by quakermaas
View Post

I think you are getting a bit mixed up.
If it says System Idle Process is at 82% that means there is something using the other 18%, you should be looking to see what that is instead.

The more your System Idle Process goes up, the more your computer is doing nothing.

Well, this is quite strange. I believe it's my dying G-15 Logitech that is doing this. Right after this I restarted, and the keyboard would not power on..tried it on all ports, then tried it on my EEE-PC, same stuff...tried it one last time and now it's working again...but I kept getting prior these "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED" and I believe that is what was keeping my CPU usage up, now it's not causing that error and my G-15 "seems" to be working, but this 100$ keyboard which is only 3-4 months old, is already on it's way out I guess. Quite sad, even stranger that it causes those issues when dying.

I'm going to be pissed if this keyboard is what has been causing all my recent problems, such as waking errors and post errors which were previously 100% stable, this does seem to be the prime candidate after this experience though, who woulda known a keyboard could cause so much crap. I think the reason it's causing those errors, is during post...I guess it's picking up, then shutting off, then the USB port is stuck with a unrecognized error device = post crash, this only happens randomly, and I'm starting to think since my keyboard is now randomly working, and not working when it's powered off and on...it could be it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by KoolGuy
View Post

give us screenies

It's not doing it now, look above
, I need a new G-15 though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:


Originally Posted by KoolGuy
View Post

is that the ONLY keyboard you have?

BTW you can use the snipping tool (Default in windows) (Type it in your start menu)

Yeah I know I could use the snipping tool, but it's no longer doing it lol, and yeah it is my buddy has my extra Saitek Eclipse, and he's out of town atm...so I'll def have to pick up a new G-15 and get rid of this crap one soon. It's a pity, as I love how it displays whatever you want it too, I have mine displaying usage\emps\\memory via Everest.

And it fits perfectly in my "Planet 9 Gaming Desk" keyboard holder, only keyboard I have yet to find that does, so I guess they did the dimension specifically for the G-15.

The usage error, and god knows what else seems to be related to the G-15 giving errors\\dying.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top