Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my fsb upped from 266mhz to 317mhz which boots fine right... then i tried to up it to 325 or so and it starts giving me the "hard disk boot error, please insert boot disc" or whatever... any ideas?<br />
this is my first intel overclock... so work with me here lol...

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Well have you tried upping the vCore? If that doesnt help then try to lower your mem as low as possible by using a divider to make it run slower than its stock speeds, which are what btw?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its an e6300 - 1.86ghz. default volts are 1.325V<br />
its 266*7=1866mhz<br />
anyways, i tried 2.21ghz at 1.000V and that ran fine (dual primed for awhile)... but 2.3ghz on default volts wouldnt boot...<br />
it says "hard disk boot failure please insert boot disk"<br />
<br />
my temps are like 2.21ghz 1.325V 31-40 (idle-load)<br />
and 2.21ghz 1.000V 27-35<br />
using TAT

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>fade2green514</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">its an e6300 - 1.86ghz. default volts are 1.325V<br />
its 266*7=1866mhz<br />
anyways, i tried 2.21ghz at 1.000V and that ran fine (dual primed for awhile)... but 2.3ghz on default volts wouldnt boot...<br />
it says "hard disk boot failure please insert boot disk"<br />
<br />
my temps are like 2.21ghz 1.325V 31-40 (idle-load)<br />
and 2.21ghz 1.000V 27-35<br />
using TAT</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div><br />
...raise vcore.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<tr>

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>Sideburns</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">...raise vcore.</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>no this cpu is supposed to get to 3ghz on stock voltage. if 2.21ghz would boot at 1.000V and i raised it to 2.3ghz and tried 1.325V (which is stock) wouldnt you think it'd work? my temp has never gone above 40C not on any voltage or clock setting.<br />
<br />
i meant to say 2.3ghz wouldnt boot on stock voltage... which is 1.325V compared to the 1.000V that 2.21ghz booted on.<br />
my memory is already as low as it can be... which is under its stock settings..

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Yea I see where you are coming from, it cant hurt a lot to try upping teh vCore some one just to see if it will boot, if it doesnt then its something else, like mobo or HDD/XP gone bad?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it didnt go bad... because i can just go in the bios and change it back.<br />
<br />
ill try upping the vcore a bit but i really dont think it'll help.<br />
yea, it didnt help. in fact i upped fsb to 400 just to see what would happen... same error but no sign of instability besides that.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so anybody??<br>
it still gives me the error:<br>
"hard disk boot error, inset boot disk and press enter" or w/e where it says verifying DMI pool data...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
What is your current ram speed, what is the stock ram speed, what is the current timings what is the stock timings what is the current Ram voltage what is the ram rated for?? What are all the settings at in the bios? The more info you supply the more info you will get.

·

29,532 Posts
1.00V? That isn't stock Vcore, is it? Give it some more Vcore (1.4 probably, check temps too) and try again.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>fade2green514</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">no this cpu is supposed to get to 3ghz on stock voltage. if 2.21ghz would boot at 1.000V and i raised it to 2.3ghz and tried 1.325V (which is stock) wouldnt you think it'd work? my temp has never gone above 40C not on any voltage or clock setting.<br><br>
i meant to say 2.3ghz wouldnt boot on stock voltage... which is 1.325V compared to the 1.000V that 2.21ghz booted on.<br>
my memory is already as low as it can be... which is under its stock settings..</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
<br>
umm. Who said 1.0v was stock voltage? lol

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nobody said 1.000V was stock voltage. thats me undervolting it because it'll then run cooler.<br />
<tr>

1.325V (which is stock)

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>quoting myself.<br />
<br />
so at stock voltage... 1.325V... it won't overclock anymore because of something other than the cpu. this much i know because it'll boot at a MUCH lower voltage (that being 1.000V) at 2.21ghz, but it won't boot at 2.26ghz at 1.325V.<br />
<br />
everything straightened out for you or would you like me to make a new thread about it?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Try to to boot from a CD... just curious about the results.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i thought about that... maybe ill pop in the windows disc just to see if it even detects the hard drives. worth a try i guess.<br />
<br />
my guess would be its the pci bus being overclocked... which is bad...<br />
or i need a bios update.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i am not saying you to do maybe that thing dont do anything but, disabling Spread Spectrum and C1E support make me overclock to 333*7 which is the max for my board...

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
try to disable those features in bios. And why is the PCI bus overclocked. If you can try to fix its speed.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there arent any spread spectrum options, but pretty much anything i dont use is disabled including virtualization technology etc...<br />
im gonna try locking the pci-e bus down but if i remember i tried that before... w/e

1 - 20 of 28 Posts