Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

We’re excited to announce that OnLive Wi-Fi Beta, mentioned in my recent post, is now available for all members. Using the new Wi-Fi Beta feature is easy. Start the OnLive Game Service as you normally do. A message will pop up letting you know you are using Wi-Fi. Just select “Wi-Fi Beta†and that’s it.
!

Source

·
Spaghetti
1,130 Posts
I've used it quite a bit. Never bought anything on it though.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by pablo420 View Post
So who here uses OnLive?
A few people, I personally think it's dumb.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I used it for 5 minutes. It's kind of hard getting past the less than youtube quality camera phone video quality. Besides every computer I have can play all the games I like at good settings even my 2 work computers.

·
Spaghetti
1,130 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dham
View Post

I used it for 5 minutes. It's kind of hard getting past the less than youtube quality camera phone video quality. Besides every computer I have can play all the games I like at good settings even my 2 work computers.

It gets better the better connection you have. They've also been working on the quality. But I refuse to buy anything on onlive until it looks and plays better than it does right now.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
I know a lot of us scoff at "only" a 3mb connection, but that's actually asking quite a bit of people who would be targeted as the demographic for OnLive. 3mb connection is one thing--3mb connection that gets proper bandwidth all the time AND isn't being shared amongst other users is different. A lot of us on ocn might have very high-speed connections, but the average slob that OnLive seems to be marketed toward probably only has your average 1.5-3mb connection.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I've used it some. It's pretty awesome. But it is still very ahead of it's time. Very fast internet with very low ping is needed to use it and not have problems.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by halocog View Post
I've used it some. It's pretty awesome. But it is still very ahead of it's time. Very fast internet with very low ping is needed to use it and not have problems.
Have you actually bought games on it? By which I mean rented for $49.99?

Onlive is stupid. Cloud gaming will have some sort of future obviously, but until extensive modding, etc. can all happen remotely on their servers, backing up game saves locally, actually owning the game and being able to run from any hosting service available, etc. this stuff will be a FAR distant second to local gaming.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts