Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would awesome to see who is still using older hardware from 5 years ago and older. Have you have the urge or need to upgrade, or feeling its getting dated and outpaced?

- What hardware are you running?
- What do you mainly use your system for?
- Have you or will you be considering upgrading soon?

·
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
8,188 Posts
Well, I'm running a X58 system with a hex core, the system also has a 290X and it games perfectly fine, but I also run Z370, X470 and X299 :|

·
Tank destroyer and a god
2,511 Posts
Phenom II x6 1090t with FuryX which is bit newer.

Its used for gaming, browsing and media...

Considering an upgrade... yes and no... I am considering 8 core threadripper and new board/ram, but not "soon".

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Q9550 @ 3.4GHz with 8GB RAM + GTX780 + 840 Pro SSD

Works fine for 1080p Gaming on a 42" HDTV for my 10 Years old son.

·
MMO Enthusiast
923 Posts
I use a laptop (dell precision m6400) with a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9300 (Nvidia Quadro FX3700M, 12gb of ram, 120Gb SSD) for web development, graphic design and some light gaming. Have been thinking about getting a new laptop but i just dont find a good reason to replace it, it still works as a charm for everything i use it for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Phenom 955 + 8GB ram, upgraded from an HD5670 to one R9 380 4GB, would not need to upgrade anytime soon if the mobo didn't start failing.

(it seems NB OCing took its toll on mobo, it sometimes don't turn on, so I'm lefting it on 24x7 since few days; OC reverted, and it doesn't seem to have any issue, but trust on this pc had lowered since...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts