Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Just like the title said. I have problems in finding that kind of benchmarks. I'm interested how old cpus (e.g. Core i5-760, Phenom II X4/X6) and old graphics cards (e.g. HD 6970, GTX 570) work in new games (2015/2016). I don't care about the graphics details, more important - how smooth the gameplay is.

All I can find, is the youtube "benchmarks", but it's not always the reliable source.

So if anybody know any good "old hardware vs new games" benchmarks, please, post the links.

Thanks.
Take care.
(sorry for my language mistakes)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Youtube benchmarks are what I use for this purpose too and it's not all that bad since a video can give a better sense of smoothness than a bar graph. Just search the name of the hardware followed by the game (e.g., GTX 660 Fallout 4). The issue is that many folks don't report the resolution. You can add 1080p to your search query too. Unfortunately most tech sites don't test a lot of old hardware. Since new games are always coming out, you would be testing old hardware every year.

Generally, most modern titles are still very playable at 1080p with an older CPU and a strong GPU.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts