Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see if this old system could run the new Doom game so I overclocked the 950 to 4ghz (191 with x21 multiplier) and it worked just fine at 1.28v while only hitting ~67C in-game.

My only issue is I can't seem to get the speedstep working with the OC. For example, before I OC'd it it would swtich between .88v @1.8 ghz while idle and 1.28v 3.2ghz during load. The motherboard is the ASUS P6X58D-E, I've read through the manual and tried a few different things but it still always sits at 4ghz even when idle.

Anyone know how to fix it?

·
Registered
977 Posts
With SpeedStep enabled in the bios, go into the Windows Power Options and try using the Balanced power profile or make sure the Minimum processor state is set to a low number like 5%. This setting controls what your CPU does when it is lightly loaded.

Some monitoring software does not report the CPU multiplier accurately when the CPU is lightly loaded. If you are still having problems, try running RealTemp and see what it reports. In some situations, the multiplier is very dynamic. Some monitoring software will show the multiplier either at the lowest value or at the highest value and will not report any multipliers between those two values. RealTemp calculates an accurate average during each 1 second sampling period.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts