Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a cheap lap top, thats rugged, the bigger the better, because if I have room I think ill do a future water-cooling mod

and how hard is it to upgrade the mobo? I could use a dremel and the customize an i/o plate if need be

and where would I get said mobo?

the only laptop mobos i see online use old celerons and pentium II's

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Draco

im looking for a cheap lap top, thats rugged, the bigger the better, because if I have room I think ill do a future water-cooling mod

and how hard is it to upgrade the mobo? I could use a dremel and the customize an i/o plate if need be

and where would I get said mobo?

the only laptop mobos i see online use old celerons and pentium II's

You might be better off looking int modding a small breif case to fit a mini-itx mobo and components. thisone with a nice dothan would be nice.

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
T'yea, you know what? Uh unh. Laptops aren't too 'upgradeable' past the RAM/HDD and maybe the CD/DVD drive. If you're looking for parts you're also limited by what case you start with since they aren't standardized like the ATX/BTX form factor.

The other reason it won't be easy is because "older" laptops have "older" LCD's that wont work with newer mobo's even if you didn't have the whole having to fit it in the case problem.

If all you want a laptop for is webbrowsing & e-mail. You can't go wrong with a 300Mhz Laptop. I can even watch stuff on YouTube. You can get these on eBay for like $100

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the screen might be a problem huh? bummer

well a brief case might be kind of cool but I suppose i could just custum fabricate a case lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts