Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just ordered a new 7970! Whoo hoo
I was just wondering if my current pc will bottle neck it that bad? Due to issues with my old gigabyte card, I had reset the bios and never bothered to OC it again. So it is stock settings all the way around.
thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
You'll want to do a bit of an o/c [aka as much as you can possibly squeeze out of that chip
biggrin.gif
] but you should be fairly fine even at stock
thumb.gif

·
Registered
914 Posts
To put it to comparison, my 9450 [OC to 3.4], nearly bottlenecks my 560ti, its at the limit, anything stronger then the 560 ti would get bottlenecked by my processor, the 7970 might get abit bottlenecked , since even tho your 9650 is faster then my 9450 its not really that faster.
But not sure that would be much of problem you will still run any game maxed out with no problem since your monitor is 1920x1080.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You for the input. I will wait till my card comes in then go back to OCing again. Kind of a shame not to have it OCed at least a little bit.
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7269 View Post

Thank You for the input. I will wait till my card comes in then go back to OCing again. Kind of a shame not to have it OCed at least a little bit.
smile.gif
yeh... overclock it... please... its a QX9650... like... thats like buying a 990X then leaving it stock... so you can glamour at the shiny black i7 sticker you got...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts