Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting these old pop up's that look like they are from the 90's, it is not coming from my browser and I checked for spyware and stuff like that. Could anyone help me? They look like netsend alert pop ups.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Download Mozilla Firefox it's a lot faster and safer

You can also speed it up by doing the following :-

1. Open Firefox and type about:config in the address bar
2. In the 'Filter' box type network
3. Edit the following :-

network.http.pipelining = false (Change to true)
network.http.pipelining.maxrequests = 9
network.http.proxy.pipelining = false (Change to true)

4. In the 'Filter' box type turbo
5. set 'browser.turbo.enable to true
6. Right click and select a new integer called 'nglayout.initialpaint.delay' and give it a value of 0

Now Firefox should be a lot faster at loading pages.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Read the post above, I already said I had it lol... I think these netsend alert popups are from spyware that the programs I have are not finding.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
What anti-spyware software do you use? Often you need more then one program. Also try clearing your cookies and cache.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I have Petrol, also I use ad-aware and spysweeper. I also already cleared my cookies and cache when the problem began happening. Also, I do not know why people will not listen, it is NOT from website pop ups, it is from spyware, I do not know how many times I have to say this.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXxRobxXxX

Yes I have PetrolHead, also I use ad-aware and spysweeper. I also already cleared my cookies and cache when the problem began happening. Also, I do not know why people will not listen, it is NOT from website pop ups, it is from spyware, I do not know how many times I have to say this.

It's PetrolHead dude....lol
I think you should switch to Opera

Let us know if the problem persists

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Try more spyware programs, I would recommend spyware doctor, and you can try microsoft antispyware, its free but it's microsoft...

Thanks for the welcome PetrolHead, where can I find the site rules?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Again PETROL, it is not from the freaken browser, I said this at least 40 fricken times.. It will not make a difference if I switch to opera, it will still continue to go on.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Download the following program http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

Then run it, save a logfile of what it returns and email it to me at the following address manutdfan2004(at)gmail(dotcom)

This may be able to find the spyware.

Hope this helps
Aaron

Edit: if i find any programs that shouldn't be running from the logfile i canhelp you delete them and hopefully get rid of this problem.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MX-510

Try more spyware programs, I would recommend spyware doctor, and you can try microsoft antispyware, its free but it's microsoft...

Thanks for the welcome PetrolHead, where can I find the site rules?

There is a link to the site rules in my Signature on my firsy post near the top of the page

@XxXxRobxXxX, Stay calm, there no need to snap like that
I was mearly suggesting that you change the Browser, other members have suggested other Spyware programs, use them

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXxRobxXxX

Read the post above, I already said I had it lol... I think these netsend alert popups are from spyware that the programs I have are not finding.

It has nothing to do with Firefox or IE. Its an exploit of Windows XP itself. There are servers that scan for an open port and then spam you with all these dumb messages. Try enabling a firewall or using a router. That should fix the problem.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts