Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i'm running with my new rig, my mom has bought my old rig.

now the specs are:

AMD 3200+
Asus A8N-E
Leadtek Winfast PX6600TD
DDR 756GB (dunno exactly, some 333 and 266 mhz)
DVD-ROM + DVD-RW
Maxtor 55GB + Maxtor 13GB (hehehe the 13GB is 12 years old
)

now i installed everything, checked the wires, but when i power this pc up there isn't any image on the monitor. the monitor doens't even flip on. now the first thing i checked was the memory, but both work just fine. then i cleared CMOS, but that wouldn't help either. Then i tryed the graphics card in a other pc, even that worked fine. But when i put it back in her rig it won't do a thing. i even checked on different monitors but that wouldn't help either... and the strange thing is as far as i can hear windows boots up

does anybody know what could be wrong ? is the mobo broken or de PCI slot not good ? or did i forget something maybe ?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by burnstudios View Post
Are you changing the vga cable to when you try different monitors?
well took the PC from downstairs to upstairs, so yeah.... and the thing is. the monitor she uses is brand new, that includes the VGA cable

·
Banned
653 Posts
lol spammer...ok back to the thread, did you check the little red switch at the back of the psu is switch to 115? something like that happened to me before

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by burnstudios View Post
That mobo doesnt have onboard video does it?
no to bad it doesn't or i already checked that out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satek View Post
lol spammer...ok back to the thread, did you check the little red switch at the back of the psu is switch to 115? something like that happened to me before
nope it doens't have any switch exept for the on/off

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I believe it's only US power supplies that have that switch. No PSU's I've ever come across have that switch

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, i found out the problem why my pc won't give any image...

i just tested my old memory... and then i was getting a screen, then i put back the memory of my moms old rig and then the screen wasn't starting guessing pc isn't even starting up (think not even bios is flipping up). the old memory is some 256MB - 266Mhz and 512MB - 333Mhz.

reading the instruction guide of the mobo it says it runs on those kind of memory so i don't know why it doesn't work. maybe you guys know ?

anyway i'm getting some new memory and she will getting my old memory so she can use my old/her new pc

·
Registered
908 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blowie
View Post

Since i'm running with my new rig, my mom has bought my old rig.

now the specs are:

AMD 3200+
Asus A8N-E
Leadtek Winfast PX6600TD
DDR 756GB (dunno exactly, some 333 and 266 mhz)
DVD-ROM + DVD-RW
Maxtor 55GB + Maxtor 13GB (hehehe the 13GB is 12 years old
)

now i installed everything, checked the wires, but when i power this pc up there isn't any image on the monitor. the monitor doens't even flip on. now the first thing i checked was the memory, but both work just fine. then i cleared CMOS, but that wouldn't help either. Then i tryed the graphics card in a other pc, even that worked fine. But when i put it back in her rig it won't do a thing. i even checked on different monitors but that wouldn't help either... and the strange thing is as far as i can hear windows boots up

does anybody know what could be wrong ? is the mobo broken or de PCI slot not good ? or did i forget something maybe ?

756gb's of RAM!! TYPO!!!!, Also with the 12 year old hard drive, I wouldn't put anything on her, should could go any moment, watch out for her, keep an eye on the S.M.A.R.T for that drive. Well I hope you get it fixed! report back asap to tell us how it goes!

Jacob

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the 13GB HDD is only used as her backup, MS XP is running on your 50GB Maxtor that's only 4 years old.... btw that 12 year old HDD works just fine
it's only a bit slow, hehe

well, i don't need anything to solve if she gets my DDR, cause that just runs fine
(hehe you're right
it;s 768 of RAM... the day i posted that i wasn't sober
)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts