Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Climbin' in yo windows
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired two original imacs today (a '99 and a '00). the newer has better specs, except i could find much info on the the differences between the two rage cards in them.

Do you know which is better? Rage 128 VR (16mb) vs. the Rage 128 Pro (8mb). I found out on wiki that the pro has better rendering but less memory im just not sure which would be better as I am planning on keeping one for nostalgia. Thanks yall

·
Climbin' in yo windows
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ablearcher
View Post

They are AGP 1... not compatible with the later AGP8 boards, iirc.

ya i know. this isn't for anything imparitcular like gaming. I have the two imacs and im keeping one but swapping the better hardware over to mine

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
Keep them both, they seem rare, especially if in working order.
Or gut them and put in newer kit..
Could be a fun project when people come round and u have an i5 system in an 17 inch Imac..

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,986 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brkbeatjunkie View Post
I acquired two original imacs today (a '99 and a '00). the newer has better specs, except i could find much info on the the differences between the two rage cards in them.

Do you know which is better? Rage 128 VR (16mb) vs. the Rage 128 Pro (8mb). I found out on wiki that the pro has better rendering but less memory im just not sure which would be better as I am planning on keeping one for nostalgia. Thanks yall
i vote for the rage 128 because i had the 16MB version and it was 1337

·
Climbin' in yo windows
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Climbin' in yo windows
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post
i vote for the rage 128 because i had the 16MB version and it was 1337
lol they are both rage 128's. one is a pro and one is a VR

im giving one to my best friend who is a mac head as well. we have many many rare computers at my shop that is a AASP, macprosolutions.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts