Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am taking a game design course at my school and they have started dropping some names that I thought I knew about, unfortunately I am to young to remember playing these games, because I never have. Some of the games sound really interesting and historically significant. I know the way the franchises are today but no idea on their root. Any ideas where I can get the original releases of these games? Ever since giving up on pirating in general, downloading games makes me feel particularly bad. Any ideas where these games are still for sale? I mean, if the publisher and developer are both gone then I really don't mind. Also does copyright law on games(software) still extend lifetime of creator +76 years?

Im trying to get Prince of Persia (1989), and Ninja Gaiden(1986?). Im sure those developers/publishers still exist, are these old games considered abandonware? thanks

Super Moderator
have a look on ebay or search on google shopping

Registered
gog.com

EDIT: saw ur game list after posting they dont have it, but they have lots of other old games

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCactus
View Post

Pick up the original far cry, very good. Doom 3 too.

not exactly old school. I have played those 2 before, I thought they were not so good. Doom 3 was crap in my book. Far Cry the game was as bad as Far Cry the movie! Some of these reall old games are crap by today's standards but they were as high tech as you could get back then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts