Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
There are lots of decent cards. What is your MB and what slots do you have open on it? Do you want the card to handle the RAID? These are standard 2.5" sata drives?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce65 View Post

There are lots of decent cards. What is your MB and what slots do you have open on it? Do you want the card to handle the RAID? These are standard 2.5" sata drives?
It's an asus z77 deluxe, I have open one 16x and one 8x slot, a few 1x slots.

I want the card to handle the raid as the onboard only supports two 6gb/s ports, so I can only do two ssd in raid 0.

I want to do four ssd in raid 0 so I can achieve 960gb. They are all samsung ssd drive I got for free from work.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I guess it will depend mostly on how much you are willing to spend. An LSI 9207 8i (they do not make a 4 port variant as far as I know) will utilize PCIe 3 lanes, while an LSI 9211 4i (or 8i) will only use PCIe 2 lanes but cost a little less. Lastly, a 9300 4i will give you 12gb speed instead of 6gb (more so for if you upgrade in the future). Both Areca and Adaptec make similar products but you would have an issue finding them new (these are all older cards) whereas the LSI cards are still sold by retailers like newegg.
I suppose I should add you can find cheap Syba cards and the like but I would avoid them entirely as they tend to suck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts