Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey well i downloaded the latest version for my MobO but thats not the problem the problem is, how do i update it ? How do i use that file to update BIOS ?

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
i think u have to flash it with a floppy disk, like u put that file onto a floppy disk, then flash the bios.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so i put that file in Floppy then reboot ? that simple ?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also it keep sayin The Disk Is write protected Please remove write protect or use another one, i have used all and they all say same thing :S how do i remove that ?

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
1. Create a bootable floppy disk. (done through the format menu)

2. get awdflash.exe V1.14

3.Follow this guide from the asus site, because im to lazy to type the rest out

for the write protection there is a little slide thing in one of the corners of the floppy disk, switch that.

Oh, and refrain from using OMG in the thread titles, its against the rules.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bartender Paradox

1. Create a bootable floppy disk. (done through the format menu)

2. get awdflash.exe V1.14

3.Follow this guide from the asus site, because im to lazy to type the rest out

for the write protection get a diffrent disk.

Well if i know how to creata bootable floppy i woundt come here lol... And why do i need awdflash.exe ? And where do i find it ?

Edite also how to remove this thingy write protect stuff

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Have you read the guide I posted?

To create a boot disk: In My Computer or where ever you can see the A:\\ drive right click it. Go to format. say yes to all of that and select the bootable option.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Have you read the guide I posted?

To create a boot disk: In My Computer or where ever you can see the A:\\ drive right click it. Go to format. say yes to all of that and select the bootable option.

I swear i did but i cannot put the damn file on it, for all floppies it keeps sayin The disk is write protected , remove protect or use another one :s how the heck would i remove it
thanks

·
Registered
824 Posts
Just get the WInFlash tool from ASUS site.. Just flash it from Windows, then reboot.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by satansmurf

Just get the WInFlash tool from ASUS site.. Just flash it from Windows, then reboot.

Iam trying to UPDATE BIOS not flash it or they r same meanning ?

correct me plz if iam wrong . Thanks .

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Hold the floppy with the big metal slider thing up. In the bottom left corner on the back side there should be a black little plastic thing that slides up and down to cover a hole. slide it so it covers the hole. NOTE: this only works if you have a floppy that didnt already come with a program on it.

Updating the bios and flashing are the same thing.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Hold the floppy with the big metal slider thing up. In the bottom left corner on the back side there should be a black little plastic thing that slides up and down to cover a hole. slide it so it covers the hole. NOTE: this only works if you have a floppy that didnt already come with a program on it.

Updating the bios and flashing are the same thing.

Thanks alot guys i got it to work .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

I'm now trying to update my pc. I have the Asus a8n-sli deluxe. Up until now, I've run with Athlon dual X2 3800+. I don't have money to get the most up-to-date motherboard and computer system. I want to get a faster cpu, the athlon 64 X2 4800.

I've been reading about this update chipset to v6.65 before updating the bios. I read and re-read the thread.

I don't have an A: drive.

My current bios is 1013.

My chipset is NF-CK804. I downloaded the nChipset_WINXP32_V665.zip and nForce4_amd_6.70_winxp2k_english file.

I ran the install Shield program. And when I look at the chipset it still says NF-CK804.

How to update this?

thanks for your help

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Sigh.

It would probably be best for you to create your own thread instead of bumping an old thread.

Also, welcome to Overclock.net. Head to the Intel section and create a thread there and also fill in your system specs in your User CP so that everyone can help.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Congratz. You probably set the record for thread ressurection.
Tang.. Chipset can't be updated with bios updates. Only come on new motherboards

1 - 16 of 16 Posts