Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the CVS pharmacy and bought Saline to mix with water to apply some window tint and a screen protector. I was under the impression that Saline was the one used as a surfactant.....

Well I just did some googling and it turns out I was supposed to get Glycerin, not Saline

I put maybe 2 ounces of Saline in my reservoir, since like I said, I was under the impression that Saline was the surfactant, but it is actually Glycerin. Should I drain the loop and re fill with plain distilled water, or leave it alone? Saline is basically a salt water solution that is sterile
luckily I haven't used it on the screen protector yet.

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on man, I need an answer, I'm not sure if having salt water mixed in the loop could be bad for it. Tho it is not a large amount that was mixed in.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
Salt + metal = CORROSION. Flush the hell out of the system as best you can, multiple times if necessary. Salt will accelerate the corrosion of loop components and well you know that's not too good.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Better not mess up that Black Ice or I will beat your ass.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dfxvoodoo View Post
I never worry about things like this
cuz I use nothing but plan antifreeze in my system
yeah because that's a good idea.

/end sarcasm

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lampen View Post
Salt + metal = CORROSION. Flush the hell out of the system as best you can, multiple times if necessary. Salt will accelerate the corrosion of loop components and well you know that's not too good.

This!

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,319 Posts
walmart has 1 gallon of distilled water for 84¢, get one and use it all to flush your loop several times. salt = corrosion = bad, saline has about same salinity as seawater btw. some walmarts are opened 24hrs.

·
Registered
656 Posts
...i'd say a bit of vinegar for the first flush, and then a few times with just distilled water of flushing.......BUT YES indeed >>>
>>> you just added "a bit-O-SALT (corrosion_inhibitor)"
..... you are in need to give a gooood flushing . . . .

...my 2
worth of mentioning . . .

mr-Charles . . .

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Damn, Ill flush that right now, just picked up a gallon of distilled h2o for $1.09 and some other goodies from the grocery store.

Lucky for me, I have a drain line hidden in the back of the case that many don't know about

·
The Newt in Overclock.net
3,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd View Post
Flush it out!
Salty water does this to metal!

it paints it red?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts