Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these fans are outrageous and they are cool and HUGE!

http://xpcgear.com/asusstarice.html

http://xpcgear.com/clp0086.html

i see a difference in RPM's but is there any other difference?

(WHAT DOESNT THIS FAN+heatsink HAVE?!!?!)

as for me

recommended? : YES 5/5 stars ^.^ for asus ice
YES 4/5 stars ^.^ for thermal take

AWESOME FEATURE: UNIVERSAL!!!!!!

~rabies

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Both those hsf's suck. They got horrible reviews.

Edit: They do look cool though...

·
Registered
975 Posts
You know... there not that good; if you want good air cooling, go for a Big Typhoon..

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DataX
You know... there not that good; if you want good air cooling, go for a Big Typhoon..

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
yupp, they both suck. both are very loud, and have surprisingly sucky cooling abilities for how large they are.

the best air coolers right now are the big typhoon, zalman 9500, silent tower with two fans on it, and just a few others that people are having very nice results with.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
I don't mind how well the Big Typhoon cools, I'm not interested in the difficulty of getting it on
My XP90 can keep this Opteron at ~42C load with 1.77Vcore...

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Quote:
Net Weight • 680 g

680g!!!!!!!

The other one is 581........what don't they have? Well, they don't come with the steel girders needed to keep them from tearing out of your board LOL

I thought the 9500 was heavy at 530g........680 is just.......

But yes, they do look cool........

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
i was going to get one of those, thought they were cool looking like a jet engine. Until i read the reviews, they are load as hell and don't cool very good for the amount of sound they make.

I settled on the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, cooling on par with the Big Typhoon but cheaper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.