Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okej so i got a phone call from my brother that hes comp exploded or something lol.

It was like this. He opened the case and took hes vaccum cleaner and cleaned the Power supplie and well ya the hole case. And it was ALOT of dust ..Im talkin like ****LOADs of dust but anyway..When he was done and was gonna start the computer nothing happend for like 2 sec then he heard som loudbangs and it came smoke from the power supplie LOL.

Well a new power supplie is not to bad to buy. But can this have destroeyd the whole computer. Mainboard rams and all ****?

Note to all people out there. Use some dust filter and clean your computer in time lol

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sper

But can this have destroeyd the whole computer. Mainboard rams and all ****?

Yes, it is very possible. The only way to find out is to get a new psu and give it a try.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Typically its frowned upon to vaccum the inside of your case... lol. And yes, if the PSU was smoking that means it probably shorted out the WHOLE box. When it happened to my old 1700+, the whole thing, even the hard drive and CD-drive were gone.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
just test out the computer with a new psu and next time tell him not to use a vacumm cleaner he prob sucked something out or somehting tell him to use like a bike pump and attach a straw at the end and pump the dust out thats wat i do not enough pressure to remove something or dmg something

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okej got damnit. I went to my bro and tried to fix hes crappy computer.
First step was Check the Powersupplie and ya okej it was Broken lol..small metal pieces inside from something that have exploded.
Step nr 2 Install a new Power supplie and Clean the damn comp. Okej its a AMD 700 whit 2x40mm Fans and a big ass heatzink. Okej so the dust in this case is the worst i ever seen. No chassi fans and the heatzink was loaded of dust. So much dust that one of the 40mm fan couldnt spin cause the dust was blocking it. The heatzink was filled whit dust between the metal plates.
I cleaned upp and put it together.

Booted the comp. Its starts but the screen isnt startin upp. I hear some beeps like some Bios error or something. Well the comp runs into window whit no screen so i whent home and grabbed my Old AGP card and installed it..Whola we got a picture on the screen....Xp screen is loading ...BOOM..massive grafic error when entering windows..Tried changin the screen res. Had good picture for 2 sec then grafic errors and the Comp freezed. So i rebooted and guess what happens. NO GOT DAMN PICTURE AGAIN. Its nothing wrong whit the heat on the AGP card or something.

But what is wrong. Is the mobo Crazy or what? The mobo cant Frie the agp card all the time =D

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
He may have bumped something loose, check all card, Heat sink, memory connections. Then try again.

If it still dosent work, he may have taken out the mobo. Its all trial and error from there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

He may have bumped something loose, check all card, Heat sink, memory connections. Then try again.

If it still dosent work, he may have taken out the mobo. Its all trial and error from there.

I change the mem slots and use diffrent combos but no diffrent there.

He only have the agp card no Pci cards.

The Mobo is prolly Fried =P

1 - 7 of 7 Posts