Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,430 Posts
There is no Athlon 64 motherboard that costs 250USD, not sure about Canadian prices if that's what you're asking though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,555 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

There is no Athlon 64 motherboard that costs 250USD, not sure about Canadian prices if that's what you're asking though.

$250 wont do for a A64 3200 and a good mobo.

Maybe a 2800+ and a DFI Lanparty UT
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,430 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

$250 wont do for a A64 3200 and a good mobo.

Maybe a 2800+ and a DFI Lanparty UT

hehe missread that

But yeah, the 3200 by itself costs $200 and a $50 mobo is gonna be a bag of snot. DFI board is about $130 so...2800 might even be pushing it, gonna have to change motherboard or expand your budget, but most Athlon 64 boards that are wroth getting costs more than $100 anyway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,430 Posts
Wow they really dropped the price of that DFI board

Socket939 isn't the budget way to do things lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,555 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Wow they really dropped the price of that DFI board

Socket939 isn't the budget way to do things lol


Damnit, mine was 114 a week ago...
oh well, I picked up a brand new XP120 for 45 bucks today
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,555 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by lilsmarty

I might consider to actually get something like that.

Should i buy a used AMD Athlon 64 3200+ from Ebay or something?

The last thing you want is a used cpu... You never know what it's been through, and they're vert sensitive to abuse.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top