Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Inspiration
Lets first explain the meaning of this project.
My Taid (Taid is welsh for Grandad) use to build random models out of match sticks. everything he created was just amazing to me so out of dedication and appreciation for my late Taid, im going to dedicate this project to him

It has been 6 years (april 1st) since my Taid past away, and during this time i was half way through an Important art exam, i done 5 hours one day and 5 hours the next, unfortunatly due to the previous nights events i just couldnt concentrate and made a mess of my work.

I think of him practicly all the time (he is an inspiration to me), so now i want to do something that will just show my appreciation towards him so im going to walk in his steps and use his hobby to create a case

The Potential
heres a rough idea of the potential Match stick modeling is capable of

More pictures at the Source
The Plan
The initial plan is preety simple. Get as much match sticks as i can.
next will be to learn as much as i can, what can i do what cant i do etc.
also i will be learning how to strengthen a match stick im thinking of straight lines like a triangular design.

The Gear
I will fill this in once i have a more broad idea of what i am capable of doing and what i'll be able to afford. considering im jobless... not much at this time so this project will possibly take a very long time.

The Design
Considering my Taid is Welsh and im half welsh im going to design a welsh themed case

heres a picture of what i want to incorporate into the project somehow

========================================

Now the initial idea is there, i can get started working on this project, currently theres definetly no set time limit and no idea of what gear ill be using. things will most likely change as time progress's (doesnt most projects have a slight change lolz)

Forgot to mention. this is my first project. so fingers crossed

Thanks for looking and i hope to get some more info etc up

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CattleRustler
View Post

IN!

sorry about your Taid.
good luck with your project mate

thanks m8
Im considering of wingin it and just see what happends XD
Im hoping il get a start on this project next week... payday. so ill be getting a few matchsticks

Ohhh and im not keeping the lightable end on them... forgot to mention ill be saving them for some sort of firework display

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
sweet.
wing it = good, but have a plan to some degree, other than the basic idea.

good luck, I shall be watching. i love stuff like this.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just the initial very basic sidepanel design, i will be improving more of this as i progress.
Note: Nothing is to scale at this time (i need a new basic but effective rig to do some 3d modelling)

LL

·
Registered
337 Posts
Now this could turn out very interesting!!

That F1 car is amazing

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very late update on this project, I haven't started anything on this due to personal issues. Hopefully I would be starting some of this after my baby girls birthday. so around mid September (after I started collecting a few materials) I'll get some real work done

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.