Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently building a PC out of an ammo box i got from an army surplus store, but i was wondering where i can get an on/off and reset button for the motherboard. I dont have any cases laying around to strip it off so i was just wondering if anyone knew anywhere i could purchase one or a way to build one myself?

Thanks guys, PeaTear Griffen.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
just buy a switch that just flicks a quick spark through the wires, or you can just attach two wires onto the mobo and just press the 2 together when ya wanna turn the comp on lol, very industial eh? lol

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
I dont have on and off buttons... I cut off that section of my case for better airflow...

I power it up with the keyboard. It can be set in the bios. And when I reset the CMOS I just power it up with a jumper the first time and set the keyboard power up again.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

I dont have on and off buttons... I cut off that section of my case for better airflow...

I power it up with the keyboard. It can be set in the bios. And when I reset the CMOS I just power it up with a jumper the first time and set the keyboard power up again.

that sounds interesting.. do u have a picture of your computer?? would love to see that!

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killahbee

that sounds interesting.. do u have a picture of your computer?? would love to see that!

I'm gonna paint the whole case thursday... I'll post some pics then.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, all good sights. Probably gonna hit up the military style switch to keep it "militaryish" and just wire it into the motherboard.

Thanks, PeaTear Griffen

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A little expensive for the DFI LP plus im goin AMD Athlon Xp because there cheap as hell for a 3000+ socket A. If i had the money the DFI would have been in the bag.

Griffen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts