Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made a thread regarding this before, but it's still been bothering me. No matter what speed my 4400 is at, my core 0 will always fail. Most of the time it will fail prime in less than a few minutes. I'm just wondering if you other dual core CPU owners are having this same problem, and if not what should I do about it?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I know when mine fails a prime it's one core that fails relatively soon but the other will fail in 3-5 hours (I checked a few times). But right now at 2.6 both are stable for over 8 hours.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MADMAX22

core 0 is allways the first one to fail out of the 2 when i oc it to high

Same here.

Does your cpu fail @ stock speeds? If so i'd RMA it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now it's at a little less than 2.6 ghz and the vcore is at 1.45v (the highest I can go on this board.) And it hasn't been at stock for a while but I'll bring it back down to stock tonight and see if it fails. I ordered this computer from ibuypower so if I have to RMA wouldn't I need the box and stuff? And I really dont want to send it to ibuypower because I doubt they can fix it and my warranty is probably void and they would take months to return my proc.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
do you have the latest bios it should give you 1.5vcore, i dont think mine would be completely stable at 1.45vcore @ 2.6, thats pretty good for that low a vcore i think (time foe the volt modd
) anyways see what happens at stock but i think it may just need some more juice

usually what happened with mine is i would get one core to fail and the other would keep going then i woudl add some more juice and both would pass until i got to the highest that mine can do and still have both of them pass,

i would guess that if you could get say 1.6vcore you would be able to run 2.7 to 2.75 easily enough and prob stable both cores

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I have the 1011 BIOS, and I still can't go above 1.45v vcore. But I am selling my motherboard to a friend in the system I am builidng for him, and I'm going to buy a SLI-D.

When I put everything back at stock I'll let you guys know what happens. If it still fails, then I don't think I can RMA. But I can probably send it back to ibuypower if you guys think that's the problem.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Hmm...i never had the problem, i run stable ~2.75 and i can run Prime for 16 hours.....what's ur stepping? I would tell you mine if i kew it off the top of my head...dang it...i wish i knew....i know the date is 0532 though....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardwaterH4ck3r

dual......why the heck would i run single for a stability test.....

Lol...I don't know I never run dual because I always fail it. But now I'm wondering, if it does fail at stock and I need to send it back to ibuypower, how do you package a processor when you don't have the box or anything

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
sry...my apologies.....i would contact them via email and explain the situation....they should be able to do somehting for you.....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay...I put everything at stock and ran Prime95 and Core0 ran it fine, and Core1 never failed but it never got past the first iteration while Core0 was on its sixth. I stopped both of them and am trying again just to see if it'll work this time. One question, should I set the affinity using Prime95, Task Manager, or both?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts