Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello good folks

Would you mind helping a Starcraft 2 gamer a little.

My first keyboard after the laptop was a Corsair K60 with red switches.

I never got used to it the first time around. So i ended up buying a Zippy/unotron S6000K who is a dome keyboard who is washable. Its a good keyboard being washable and all but i need one more gentle on my hands.

Both where bought because F1-F4 is close as they are used for camera positions i SC2.

And after some thinking now that i have started to reuse the Corsair i think i have managed to find the main problem with it. the keys are too big or too square.
i hit the edge on the key so it obstructs or disturbs. It might need a rounded edge. There might be an additional factor in them being too light. And them not being tactile. Perhaps the travel is too long. But this might be during typing only. Perhaps an O-ring would help.

A collegue of mine showed his logitec with slim style keys and it had one nice trick. Hold a key down and try to slide over to the next one. Due to the slim design and big rounded edge it was easier than on my Zippy. Could be a good thing for gaming.. The quality was not there however so it had some binding. The Zippy was the best at work and the corsair here is flawless on this. (Zippy on work temporarily)

So now im hunting keyboard. And i need two. One for the job (CAD work and typing), and one for the home.

The work keyboard needs to be gentle on the hands(Thats the main focus).and decent to type on. ( i have transfered my Starcraft skills over to the workbench so it basically looks similar) And it needs to have numpad as i sometimes uses that with my mouse tumb. Having a handrest (separate plate is ok) is a must as the corsair is just a tower of metall.. bending the hands up and stressing the hands. I have also been looking for a separate numpad to get a speed boost when i need to hit enter. (by using the enter on the numpad and placing it to the left of caps)

I have not really a budget on that one as i consider it a investment in my health and comfort. Been liking the idea of topre keys as they are quiet, tactile and light to actuate. Should be better and more precice than the Cherry reds.. If not that i prob should go browns.

The gaming keyboard

Needs focus towards the F1-F4 as i want them as close as possible and in line with 1234 keys. Was looking on model m due to you folks talking about it and then i found this one... it looks like my dream layout. It also has a huge attachable handrest Any info on this one would be greatly appreciated. Switches and so on.

ibm blue key sk-8805 usb keyboard

Other keyboards i have considered is Noppoo mini for the same reason.

Numpad for home use is not important.

doing some gaming with the reds again feelt like a speed boost btw. Its definitly something into this mechanical switch talk. It might be the lightness only. Also i might enjoy a keyboad with a faster um.. polling rate? so that the repeater stuff goes faster. Might save me some time.

btw i had courses in CAD with some old keyboards a few years back and they where so good! im considering calling them and asking. This Corsair for comparison makes me misstype all the time. The dome keyboard on work is better.

Thanks guys! now im destined to search for keyboards on flee markeds and in electronic containers for hidden gems...

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I think i need to do that. Its not like there is any alternatives.

Work is the big think do.

http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-7g

I think that plate around looks like a nice idea. Problem is that that keyboard has the silliest stuff on it.

There is no need for backlight and macrokeys or media keys i just need a plain keyboard who is good to type on and with good arm support.

I guess A Filco with wooden armsupport is a thing i need to consider.

http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/combined.jpg

I hope they make one in black..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts