Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new, came looking for mobo advice (see my thread in AMD-->AMD motherboards). I'm gonna stay, learn a bunch and hopefully help out other newbs in the future.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Right on guy WELCOME TO THE FORUM. We'll help what we can, and long term members are never unwelcome, and there is no bad thing about being one more new guy

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunix

Hey all, I'm new, came looking for mobo advice (see my thread in AMD-->AMD motherboards). I'm gonna stay, learn a bunch and hopefully help out other newbs in the future.

Welcome to OC.net!!! You seem to have the right plans

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Well stated zokus.

We never frown upon the noobs, we enjoy assisting, Welcome to the forum and ask for help anytime you need it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, nice to be welcome

And no, I'm not really a linux/unix fan, nor am I lunix hater. Just like the way it sounds...

I forgot: I'm also a machead
(however, I'm not zealous enough to think PC's are the devil. Just windows...ugg)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Ssshhhh, bad thing to say around here. j/k

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunix

Thanks guys, nice to be welcome

And no, I'm not really a linux/unix fan, nor am I lunix hater. Just like the way it sounds...

I forgot: I'm also a machead
(however, I'm not zealous enough to think PC's are the devil. Just windows...ugg)

If it starts with a MIC or MAC, it is the devil.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Well put mfillpot

Lunix: see, i told you

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

Well put mfillpot

Lunix: see, i told you

Linux is great, we are forced to use Windoohs by software developers, Macintosh in now a little better because it uses Linux, but it is still propriatary and will hold the devil title until we can setup a dual boot, Win/Mac/Linux box.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
OS X is based off NextSTEP and 4.4BSD, using FreeBSD as a reference platform. Its "base", Darwin, is Open Source and has given code back to the FreeBSD project.

Has anyone noted that Lunix's user-title-thing is "Commodore 64" and Lunix is an operating system for a C64? hooo hooo hooo

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Lol, ur probably the only one who'd notice that, but now that you point it out.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts