Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends asked me to help with complexity in MS Access, and I tried, but I didn't succeed, because I didn't come across the same before. What could it be? Due to accidental erroneous manipulations with the file, he lost access to .mdb. Now the database doesn't open. How can you help her in this case?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is similar on one of my situations. I tried many various methods to solve it. But appeared my database was crashed. If so, I would suggest you to overcome it via various methods, one of it described in the following, another might to search in Google or Yahoo more solutions to help you.

This article may help if your database is already corrupt
Before doing anything else, make a copy of the corrupted mdb file while Access is NOT running, and without overwriting any earlier backups. This lets you try different approaches and sequences if necessary.
Next, try MDB Repair. This very simple solution may work with corrupted indexes, and might even get rid of a corrupted object:
http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/performance/decompile.asp

If this does not work, follow the steps for the symptoms of your corruption below.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts