Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

GTX7802688Shaders_zps542bb855.jpg 786k .jpg file

I open this thread to get experts out there advice me what is going on with my card. I already checked with one card in a time and it shows one of the card has 2688 shaders while the other one has 2304. Do i need to RMA? Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
do they bench differently? is the one with the titan count of shaders bench higher or show any instability?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabkicks View Post

do they bench differently? is the one with the titan count of shaders bench higher or show any instability?
Yeap, sometime the mouse won't move in 2 seconds, then EVGA precision & MSI afterburner will stop responding...
mad.gif

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
well you dont need to RMA simply because you got MORE shaders than what was advertised... that would be kinda silly... but i mean if it's unstable then yeah, RMA for instability. Instability with either 2304 or 2688 shaders warrants an RMA, doesnt really make a difference. If your 2688 shader 780 turns out to be stable, then you got really lucky with a Titan die that they forgot to gimp before selling as a 780.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Well the fact it's labelled as a 780 suggests to me that the extra shaders aren't stable. Since that's what 780s are; cut down Titans. I would RMA it if it's unstable. If not I'd keep it.

Bench it on it's own, if it's stable then you have a very very rare card. If not, send it back. Simple

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhollywood5 View Post

well you dont need to RMA simply because you got MORE shaders than what was advertised... that would be kinda silly... but i mean if it's unstable then yeah, RMA for instability. Instability with either 2304 or 2688 shaders warrants an RMA, doesnt really make a difference. If your 2688 shader 780 turns out to be stable, then you got really lucky with a Titan die that they forgot to gimp before selling as a 780.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zawarudo View Post

Well the fact it's labelled as a 780 suggests to me that the extra shaders aren't stable. Since that's what 780s are; cut down Titans. I would RMA it if it's unstable. If not I'd keep it.

Bench it on it's own, if it's stable then you have a very very rare card. If not, send it back. Simple
Only few issues, mouse stunt for few seconds and unstable utilty like MSI Afterburner & EVGA Precision. In game still stable for the meantime. Will get more games to test. Thanks for the advice and i will keep it for the meantime.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Is that with the card being the only card in your system? I would bench them both separately and see if you still get the freezing. That should give you a good indication to the state of the extra shaders.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypg036 View Post

Am using 326.80 driver now. Yup, theoretically I got 3gb titan.
OP could you please bench them at same clocks amd post scores here? If the scores are apart enough you might have a titan die
tongue.gif

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zawarudo View Post

Is that with the card being the only card in your system? I would bench them both separately and see if you still get the freezing. That should give you a good indication to the state of the extra shaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribozyme View Post

OP could you please bench them at same clocks amd post scores here? If the scores are apart enough you might have a titan die
tongue.gif
With single GTX 780 2688 Shaders, all stocks with some program running at background.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7058083

With SLI mode (2688+2304) Proc 4.2GHz, others stocks with some program running at background.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7069409

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
1 - 20 of 188 Posts