Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Stop saying I'm new
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Farrell. I'm in the Air Force. Just joined up here because this is the first build that i can overclock with the current setup. This is also the first build that has cost me $3000 US plus. I'm pretty proud of myself, but its time to get to work on this thing. I have it stable at 4GHz right now, and i'll post pics later.

Love the site, its now my homepage on the new beast.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
strange system o_O
I7 extreme with a 260?
anyways way
still a great system

and welcome mate
 

·
Stop saying I'm new
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And heres why....i found out the hard way that 3 x GT200 series cards wont fit on any of the GA-EX58 gigabyte boards, becase for the third slot on the edge of the card, Front USB, IDE, and PSW headers are in the way.

Plus i was on a budget, so i thought, hey, i could go 3 x 260s for cheaper, instead of 2 x 280, or 295s for more money...meh.... So i do have 3 GTX 260s...just one is sitting on the shelf. FAIL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigalisk View Post
And heres why....i found out the hard way that 3 x GT200 series cards wont fit on any of the GA-EX58 gigabyte boards, becase for the third slot on the edge of the card, Front USB, IDE, and PSW headers are in the way.

Plus i was on a budget, so i thought, hey, i could go 3 x 260s for cheaper, instead of 2 x 280, or 295s for more money...meh.... So i do have 3 GTX 260s...just one is sitting on the shelf. FAIL

you can still use the third gtx 260.
I used to run 3 of them the only problem is you cannot use the usb headers because of clearance issues.
the power and reset still work if you put the third one in.

Also welcome to OCN
 

·
Stop saying I'm new
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Lazman1
View Post

you can still use the third gtx 260.
I used to run 3 of them the only problem is you cannot use the usb headers because of clearance issues.
the power and reset still work if you put the third one in.

Also welcome to OCN

Erm...not so sure? Plus even with keeping the headers in, i still have an IDE cable there for my DVD Burner. Until i go sata, i need it. I dont know, i MAY have the EVGA X58 in the mail, but the thing is NewEgg orders have not been making it to customers in Korea. Goddamn military postal system is a bunch of crooks and bums.
I really like this board though...
 

·
Stop saying I'm new
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigalisk View Post
Erm...not so sure? Plus even with keeping the headers in, i still have an IDE cable there for my DVD Burner. Until i go sata, i need it. I dont know, i MAY have the EVGA X58 in the mail, but the thing is NewEgg orders have not been making it to customers in Korea. Goddamn military postal system is a bunch of crooks and bums.
I really like this board though...
0 N03z!! It FITS WITH THE HEADERS AND PSW/RSW!! Look at pics, and you might see that there is a sort of "handle" right under where the board ends....i grab onto that, and push the card in with the heel of my hand and VOILA (to the sound of *click*), 3x SLI on the EX58 series Gigabyte boards. Pics are posted.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigalisk View Post
0 N03z!! It FITS WITH THE HEADERS AND PSW/RSW!! Look at pics, and you might see that there is a sort of "handle" right under where the board ends....i grab onto that, and push the card in with the heel of my hand and VOILA (to the sound of *click*), 3x SLI on the EX58 series Gigabyte boards. Pics are posted.
welcome to ocn . i think you might of just got your frist infraction
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,115 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Lazman1
View Post

you can still use the third gtx 260.
I used to run 3 of them the only problem is you cannot use the usb headers because of clearance issues.
the power and reset still work if you put the third one in.

Also welcome to OCN

I have had 3 GTX280's on my Gigabyte X58 Extreme?
And I had my USB headers used?
 

·
Stop saying I'm new
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by justarealguy
View Post

Those 260s should be folding. And some SMP on that i7 would be dandy


They are...i'm working on the SMP thing...i gotta read the file on how to do it successfully. And i wish NVidia Drivers didn't CRASH so damn much. I would fold continuously if it didnt.
My other box and my PS3 are though.
 

·
DIY Guy
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Welcome to OCN, Gigalisk.

Quote:


Originally Posted by tht-kid
View Post

I have had 3 GTX280's on my Gigabyte X58 Extreme?
And I had my USB headers used?

I wish I would know the answers to those questions, but I don't, since I'm not a psychic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlz3r View Post
Welcome to OCN, Gigalisk.

I wish I would know the answers to those questions, but I don't, since I'm not a psychic.

The OP Stated he could not use tri-sli because it blocked his ports, and when I ran bubbleless I7 out of the box before watercooling I managed to use the ports so I was saying that you can.

I used a question mark as I am not sure how I could and he couldn't.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top