Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap
!!! Today I got an e-mail from Wells Fargo (my main bank) saying that there were 3 unsuccessfull login attempts to my account (I have online banking like all the cool kids
). The thing is, I have not accessed my account (online at least) in days and I always use the correct information when login in. This really scared the crap out of me since this is my main checking and savings account. I blame Windows. Can't wait to change to Linux.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
dont use online banking.

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by HrnyGoat

Are you sure its an official email and not some scam email?

I'm certain it's legit. The e-mail is from wellsfargo.com and it said that my password was deleted for my security and that I had to create a new one, and sure enough when I tried to login with my old password it said that it was invalid and I had to make a new one.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
pretty soon there isn't going to be any printed money. I rarely ever use money. I just take my check straight to the bank to deposit them and then use my card everywhere. I even pay my friends what i owe them using paypal. If my employer had direct deposit then I would never handle anything paper.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Uhhh, report it? Ask the bank to watch for suspicious behavior or something.....like frequent withdrawls of $200.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Be glad Wells removed your password after those failed attempts...who knows how many times the hacker would of gone and gotten your password (most likely until they got it)

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melcar

I'm certain it's legit. The e-mail is from wellsfargo.com and it said that my password was deleted for my security and that I had to create a new one, and sure enough when I tried to login with my old password it said that it was invalid and I had to make a new one.

To show you how easy those pyshing scams are click the following link for a good laugh:

http://www.wellsfargo.com/accountlogin/

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slydog64

pretty soon there isn't going to be any printed money. I rarely ever use money. I just take my check straight to the bank to deposit them and then use my card everywhere. I even pay my friends what i owe them using paypal. If my employer had direct deposit then I would never handle anything paper.

The wave of the future??? Only if you like the idea of not having any privacy, and letting "them" see your every move!

I don't see it happening any time soon... How would you go to your friend and ask to borrow $5? Both of you go to an ATM and transfer money from his account to yours? That'd be a PITA. I HOPE it never happens!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinhead-227

The wave of the future??? Only if you like the idea of not having any privacy, and letting "them" see your every move!

I don't see it happening any time soon... How would you go to your friend and ask to borrow $5? Both of you go to an ATM and transfer money from his account to yours? That'd be a PITA. I HOPE it never happens!

No, you would do it online with your uber-future-cell phone.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
I do all my banking online. My old job had DD, so I never saw a check, and I barely ever spend cash. Most of my shopping is online, even...lol

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
reminds me when i went to my bank today, and i magically had 2 grand in there on my book. the next time i went to check it, they corrected it and it was only 200... lol =P

1 - 17 of 17 Posts