Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just bought a Home Theater for my TV.So I connected the Audio Cable(Right and Left) from my Cable Receiver to my Home Theater system and only 2 of my 5 speakers are working?Weird and Why?
*My 2 back speakers are wireless but they work well because I tried them during the testing
Thanks
Sorry for my english

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Did you plug into the surround ports too? By system does that mean complete with 5.1 amp or just the speakers?

·
Registered
756 Posts
try plugging it in a different sorce port. or mess with the recievers settings.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Speakers are hooked to the Main Dvd PLayer the I connected my Digital Cable receiver to the DVD player with a Right and Left cable and the DIgital Out-In cable

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Disconnect the left/right audio cable. Yo do NOT need them when using the digital cables. The DVD player will automagically send analog sugnals (if needed ) through the digital signal.

Now: You need to do TWO things:

1) Program your A/V receiver to use THAT particular digital in port for the DVD setting. The port WHERE the DVD digital audio cable is plugged into.

2) You need to tell your DVD player (maybe) to send ALL audio through the digital port. Sometimes, it is automatic.

Best of luck!

• Rep+
Reactions: Grosmechantloup
1 - 6 of 6 Posts