Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

So my goal is to have a normal scroll bar on the right side to only scroll one specific DIV area (and the other DIVs to keep their position and not scroll). I've been playing around with the overcload:auto;, and overload:hidden; commands. But using those I can only get either the scroll bar at the edge of the DIV area (and not on the far right). Or the scroller on the far right, but also a bottom scroller. Is there any other method of doing this? I'd like it to work for mozilla and IE.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
GOT IT!
here you go man, just got your answer
paste this code ONLY FOR THE DIV THAT YOU WANT TO SCROLL:

<however many more DIV's you want!>
then all rest up to u, how many div, where they are etc.
NOTE: those text (1,2,3,etc. ...10) in the br's are here for a scrolling list...im assuming you might want that, but if you dont thats cool just edit or replace
s with whatever you want rather than numbered lists
EDIT:that is in XHTML, reg HTML will have just
rather than

so reg HTML is same, like this:

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, that's what I am using at the moment, but the scroller bar is placed just to the right of the DIV, and I want it to be at the far right side (like a normal scroller). You can take a look here:

http://www.mines.edu/stu_life/organ/ski/info.html

But it's not that big of a deal. I know I can just make the DIV wider, but I don't really want to do that either, because of different people having different resolutions. Thanks for the try though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
on that page its frames isnt it? =0

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathONator

Yeah, that's what I am using at the moment, but the scroller bar is placed just to the right of the DIV, and I want it to be at the far right side (like a normal scroller). You can take a look here:

http://www.mines.edu/stu_life/organ/ski/info.html

But it's not that big of a deal. I know I can just make the DIV wider, but I don't really want to do that either, because of different people having different resolutions. Thanks for the try though.

easy just make the div 100% page width by adding the property width=100%

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a good idea, but I have the menu in a DIV of it's self as well. So I would have to make the menu DIV something like 10%, and the body DIV 90%. But then the menu DIV might be too big or too small depending on the user's resolution. Also, in IE the scroll bar is not placed on the far right side. The far right scroll bar is "greyed out", and the DIV's scroll bar is placed inside of it.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, yet another reason is that ie hasn't added the code that lets you make a radial corner around DIVs (see the 'drop down' menu for "media"). I appriate your determinination though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts