Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got my 2nd 7600gt in and so far my max score is 80k with sli enabled,try all kinds of drivers for mobo and cards still no help!
I've also noticed that the easy parts on am3 droped a lot but the harder parts its up and when i manually set aa and the other settind on 8x and 16 by the lil load meter thing it shows that it using the cards more and final score around 60k..I have tried each card seperatly ant both score around 74k with all stock settings but sli performance is weak!! i was hoping to get atleast 90k w/stock settings.. Or am i a tottal noob and forget to so something..OR is it this socket 754 sli crap motherboard!!

Please help any info, suggetions welcome

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chozart
Try a different benchmark. AQ3 is a bit old, and does not give good results with all newer cards.

Try 3DMark05/06
will downlaod now....but was still expecting a bigger gain than 2k in am3

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Given the older 754 rig you still should be getting better results than that. My 6600 GT's (SLI) pulled about 100K with minimal overclock on both the CPU and GPU. The difference I found with the bridge connected or not was only 200 points in 3D05. Although with the bridge connected stability when GPU overclocking helped greatly. You may not have SLI enabled maybe and by chance you are getting a higher score for some other reason. As mentioned the bench prog you are using is getting a little old now and does not give much of a true reflection on performance I feel. It seems to give better scores with a higher CPU OC then GPU OC. Isn't it all about video performance. I think it is still widely used as it runs through quickly and we are all sick of watching that darn boat flying in the sky- twice!

You will get it sorted out mate, run 3D05 with both cards SLI enabled then with only 1 and you should see a large performance increase, if not then there is something either not set correctly or problems in an alternate area.

Good luck mate and enjoy

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
I think he doesnt have sli enabled or something isnt configured correctly since his last 2 scores in aqua and 3dmark 03 i have got to or near around with a 6800ultra.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by genhoe
Well i just ran 3dmark03 and scored 12704 is this any good?
Not really.....my single 6800GS almost gets that when overclocked.

You should probably be getting about 15k in 3dmark03, and 9k in 05. (rough estimate)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank oyu guys for posting and helping,and yes sli is enabled and 3dmark06 is downloading now,,,And to let u know the new card was faster than the old one so i put it in the primary slot..if that makes a difference again thanks for your help so far

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well now i am getting a tons of windows bad image file error so looks like im gonna have to reformat everything is being all stupid hopefully after then it will be ok will be back after work tomorrow and let u guys know what i figured out.. but i fell its this crappy S754 EPOX board..still iritating that a single card is bearly beaten by sli...lol i may go 939 after all

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
epox boards are not crappy now take that back
... somthing isnt right there.. i get 83k in am3 and around 4k in 06 with a single AGP card

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chozart....i did not see any settings for sli in bios...is it called something different

Burnstudios...I have own a slew of epox boards loved them all BUT this board blows the unability to over 1.6 vcore is totally stupi and makes this board a crappy overclocker for me. my epox 8kda3j would go to 1.98 vcore take my dtr up to just under 3.0 max.. this board im stuck at 2.6 which is crap!!
the performance of this board is crappy out of all the boards i've had my dtr in this is byfar the worst performer!! and i LOVE epox..just sli for 754 was a bad ideal.

and just for an update AM3 you can not tell i have sli except in the begining wher the 2 vehicles drive by the smoke frames doubled and at the last explosion i went from 27-29 fps to 69-77 so i seen a difference there but the rest it slow from a single card on the average 5-9 fps through out.

3dmark05 scores went from4987 to 8693 all stock settings
3dmark06 went from 2785 to 4426

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
Yea, that is much better. AM3 came out before SLI was perfected, and the coding in it does not really allow it to take that much of an advantage. That is a nice boost in scores in 3DMark though!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdattilo

Yea, that is much better. AM3 came out before SLI was perfected, and the coding in it does not really allow it to take that much of an advantage. That is a nice boost in scores in 3DMark though!

Thanks just not as big as i was hopeing..but hey what should i expect from an 3700+..I just might sell the mobo and cpu go ahead and get the dfi sle dr expert and the cheapest opty avalible...after i pay my rent lol

·
Premium Member
11,036 Posts
Actually glad this post existed, always wanted to see how two 7600GT's compare in 3DMark05 compared to a single 7900GT

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mhill2029

Actually glad this post existed, always wanted to see how two 7600GT's compare in 3DMark05 compared to the 7900GT

dont use my crappy scores...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts