Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P8Z77-V Deluxe with a 2550K that has been running happily at 4.8Mhz for months. Unfortunately I "twiddled" a few setting in my UEFI based on reading the Asus ROG Overclocking Guide. Now it won't run over 47 even if I set the ratio to 48 or 49. Has anybody else experienced this ratio limit? It runs under load with this limitation but won't clock up under load.

I looked for a thread but came up with no answers.

Any help would be appreciated. I am more interested in knowing why this is happening than getting a couple more Mhz.

TIA

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,140 Posts
The ratio? Are you saying that you adjusted the Turbo Ratio in the "Ai Tweaker" tab, or did you adjust "CPU Ratio" in the CPU Power Management area?

Do you have Turbo Mode enabled?

·
Registered
664 Posts
SpeedStep and Turbo Mode enabled?

But sometimes it's faster just to punt. Record your known good settings, clear BIOS to defaults, and start over.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I went to default settings (I am on 1805)......still get 47 reported from CPUZ.

Then I went to manual and put in 40....still 47 when I get into win7 (all up to date).

Then I went to XMP..........47

Some more details.

1. I recently moved to 1805 BIOS.

2. I have had the TPU switch off and on for these many tests.

3. I have had NO BSODs, freezes. Even with OCCULT and AIDA64.

I am beginning to think the ratio is not getting out correctly to win7 but I dunno.

I know that if this an 1805 issue other folks should be squawking.

·
Registered
664 Posts
You haven't updated your version of CPU-Z lately, have you? Sometimes certain versions will act strange with certain CPUs.

edit: n/m, didn't see your last post coming in...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I learned about flashback and went back to 1709. Now running at 48 and 49Mhz with no problems.

1805 is the one with the problems, I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts