Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well thats right, somehow, i managed to kill my mobo's agp slot and onboard lan
im running a 2mb pci card and have an NIC i bought from office depot. hell i might have killed my 9800pro too so that sucks. So now i move on to the A64 platform
Heres my to do list:

1. Sell my cpu and mobo for about 145ish (shoot me some offers)
2. Buy a chaintech mobo for $60 ($50 of my own money)
3. Buy a 3200+ DTR that does 2.4ghz stock voltage for $155
4. Sell/Trade Maze 4 + coldplate for an A64 waterblock

So there you have it, my FIFTH dead mobo (3 NF7's, 1 cheap backup, 1 AN7)

Im ditching the Pelt project since it was too much work, so i might just sell the pelt + psu for some $$

any comments lol? i guess its kind of ironic that a mod kills hardware easier than some of the less experienced builders

·
Registered
840 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plague

im running a 2mb pci card and have an NIC i bought from office depot. hell i might have killed my 9800pro too so that sucks. So now i move on to the A64 platform
Heres my to do list:

Im ditching the Pelt project since it was too much work, so i might just sell the pelt + psu for some $$

any comments lol? i guess its kind of ironic that a mod kills hardware easier than some of the less experienced builders

I killed my Asus P4P800S SE just by plugging in a USB cable... -_-; don't ask...

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack

I killed my Asus P4P800S SE just by plugging in a USB cable... -_-; don't ask...

If ya wanna know something about USB... My USB system met the first component that could make the computer not boot... I plugged in a mini-mouse and the computer wouldn't boot. So I just let it boot with the mouse plugged in.. then when I was in SuSE I plugged it in again and my computer just turned right off... its extremely strange.. and its still doing it.. lol

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yea, well I fried my mobo, and I'm grateful that I didn't fry anything else...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Never fried nothing but my 135 lb rottie ate my mushkin 222, and was happy about it. Caught her coming out of the room with my volcano 9. Man was I pissed!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pernundel

Never fried nothing but my 135 lb rottie ate my mushkin 222, and was happy about it. Caught her coming out of the room with my volcano 9. Man was I pissed!

lol, dog ate my computer!!! lol, classic

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thehacker11

lol man im azn and i havent killed any comp parts

We in this site do not care what race your are, we only care that you are a knowledgable person who is willing to assist others.

I have personally fried 3 mobos, but in my comp room I have 6 fried mobos, most of the spare parts I have are from others dead comps.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

We in this site do not care what race your are, we only care that you are a knowledgable person who is willing to assist others.

werd!

I've killed an asus, soyo, & 2 ecs', and 1 more i'm pretty sure. guess that makes about 5 so far. my current dfi board gets 2 thumbs up for lasting this long.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
And I feel like an amature with only 2 mobos, 3 sticks of RAM, 1 PSU, 1 vid card and a CD ROM drive.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6600Gt1047

i was installing a motherbored in my frinds computer and killed $140 and that sucked.

My P4 3.0E killed two ABIT IS7's in a row.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
lol I had an old Compaq.. Me and it didnt like each other. Had to get it fixed 3 times. Yet the only thing that died was the horrible integrated sound... Which, I didnt have any more thus I lived in a computer world with no sound... It sucks.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plague

Heres my to do list:

what is dtr?
and how much will u sell that 9800pro 4? that is if it still works

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
I've only attempted overl****ing on 3 computers (not including the school comp..lol) so i havent fried anything and i don't do Hardmods since i know the chances of frying (100%..lol).

Use hafve got me all scared now about me smashing my new system. I hope no one fryed anything by just overl****ing. Yuo can fry anthing by just changing frequncies and voltages a little right. Hard mods is crazy i just mkean bios, you can tfry in the bios right.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts