Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I was cleaning my rigs and I noticed something that looked like liquid on my top card. At first I thought it was the H100 leaking on it but could not find any signs of leakage.

So I removed the card and looked at the film which was kinda oily, and thought this has to be fuild from the H100 but could not find any leaks. Then I noticed that my second card had the same film, so I removed that one and then noticed the third card had the same mark.

Kinda disappointed with EVGA on this, but I can't be the only person to have the TIM sheet leach its oily film onto the nice backplates......

Cleaned....

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well tested the cards out on 3dmark and they all seem to be ok.

Just sucks that I have to keep cleaning the backplates on top of regular dusting......

·
Premium Member
8,612 Posts
my 480s and Ultras all did that. the thermal material on those backplates release these oils when they get hot. Just keep cleaning them, they will eventually stop

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm OCD about having my rigs clean, so this bugs the **** out me......lol
biggrin.gif

Oh well, I will just have to remove those cards every couple weeks to keep them clean.......

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,411 Posts
I had the same issue with my SuperClocked+ 660ti. Except it didn't keep leaking. It was only once that it was really greasy. When I re applied thermal paste on the gpu, I cleaned up the backplate. And it's been fine since. It's from the thermal pad. You can see it in the "E"

Don't worry about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts