Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys quick question, so i am a noob at making my own custom coolant however i was wondering if i can take a opaque coolant, such as PrimoChill's Yang Sicle, then throw in some mayhem dyes (going for an opaque acid or hot pink with a metallic luster) and add in some of Mayhem's Aurora silver concentrate? im guessing im going to need quite a bit compared to clear coolant, however would it achieve my desired metallic hot or acid pink look? im building this in the green Thermaltake Core P5 with PETG tubing. and am a very huge fan of acid watermelon (longboarders might know what im talking about with the acid watermelon 50 cals
wink.gif
)

thanks guys!
thumb.gif

·
WaterCooler
1,341 Posts
It should work, just try not to have any 90 degree fittings, bends are alright though. Also the aurora will work best if the coolant goes out the bottom of the res and returns to the top of the res.
Also, the bottle says not to use more than half of the booster per liter of coolant, I would follow that rule, too much can be a bad thing.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Aurora is kinda a pain sometimes. Make sure your rads/blocks are low restriction and keep angled fittings to a minimum (none is ideal). Mayhems recommends using a separate pump/res instead of a combo (no bay res). I found that making sure the "outlet" of each block is the lowest point possible.

It is a beautiful coolant! But it can be tricky and you may see the effect disappearing over time. Tilting the case can help revive it though not all the time

Edit: i do think that color combo would work though, I'm using Aurora booster with x1 in uv green and uv blue and it is more noticeable in the green loop even though it is a more opaque coolant

·
Registered
951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedaz View Post

Also you want to remove the jetplate from the cpu block
on a ek Supremacy mx I tried removing the jet plate and the insert pin (not the entire inside block, just the replaceable sleeve) and I still had issues with drop out on my more basic loop.
A good note is that the temperature difference was minimal <5°c so it's definitely worth it IMO because I'm sure it still helped.

·
WaterCooler
1,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldChicken View Post

Quote:

Also you want to remove the jetplate from the cpu block
on a ek Supremacy mx I tried removing the jet plate and the insert pin (not the entire inside block, just the replaceable sleeve) and I still had issues with drop out on my more basic loop.
A good note is that the temperature difference was minimal <5°c so it's definitely worth it IMO because I'm sure it still helped.
I had the bitspower block and removing the plate helped a lot. I chose the bp block because the channels were slightly larger than the ek block.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Quote:

I had the bitspower block and removing the plate helped a lot. I chose the bp block because the channels were slightly larger than the ek block.
perhaps that has been my cpu loop issue. My gpu blocks have sightly larger fins than the Supremacy. I might have to give a Bitspower block a go then and see what happens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts