Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the socket 939 biostar T-force is only $32 open box. I was wondering if its worth the risk of it being open box.. and if open box mobos are usually missing valuable cords/wires?

·
Science
3,485 Posts
i would just suggest not buying a 754 mobo, seeing how there is small room for upgrade. Its cheap i know cause i went that route and my 754 mobo/cpu is just sitting next to my computer. Go with 939 as they have dual core's, etc.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
you can pick up a good s939 motherboard (non-SLI) for around 40-60 bucks now. look for a good MSI board

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen View Post
Well open boxed items are hit or miss. Some have everything that the stock board has, some have a few items, and some have nothing but the mobo.
Well what does the stock mobo come with anyway?
I've never bought a brand new mobo.

Am i not even gauranteed a driver CD?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSubtleKnife
View Post

usually, you get everything

well what if it doesnt come with the drivers CD, am i screwed?

·
Banned
931 Posts
When you get open box, you usually won't get anything except the mobo itself. I got a open box P5B Deluxe with WiFi and it was a great value. Everything works on it and I couldn't be more happy with it. It didn't come with any cables or anything, but some people have gotten the box and some other accessories with their open box items, just don't expect it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartOfAHydra
View Post

well what if it doesnt come with the drivers CD, am i screwed?

No, just download all the drivers from the man. website and put them on a CD. It's really easy.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Open box stuff are great deals IMO. I've gotten Open Box stuff and luckily gotten everything with it before. Don't worry too much about the accessories. Cables can be picked up for very $$$. The drivers are free for download at the manufacturer's site. The face plate might be the only thing you can't easily get in the event that it is not included in the box, but no one really looks at the back anyways!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by todd258
View Post

When you get open box, you usually won't get anything except the mobo itself. I got a open box P5B Deluxe with WiFi and it was a great value. Everything works on it and I couldn't be more happy with it. It didn't come with any cables or anything, but some people have gotten the box and some other accessories with their open box items, just don't expect it.

No, just download all the drivers from the man. website and put them on a CD. It's really easy.

Sounds good, do i make the CD a data disc and put it in my cd drive upon the first boot of the motherboard?

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
The files are just executable files downloaded from the site. They are here. You can install windows without any of the chipset drivers and once you get into windows you can run the drivers.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheetos316 View Post
The files are just executable files downloaded from the site. They are here. You can install windows without any of the chipset drivers and once you get into windows you can run the drivers.
Sounds good, REP+

1 - 13 of 13 Posts