Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, finally got my hands on my X800XT and ocing right now, but what is it about my pipes? any explication and if so possible power gaining in reality would be very appreciated

thx guys

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xXxDante
hi guys, finally got my hands on my X800XT and ocing right now, but what is it about my pipes? any explication and if so possible power gaining in reality would be very appreciated

thx guys
Well in defination you pipes on the card are the paths the data takes, the more open pipes the more data pes sec of transfer from the card to the mobo i think. But the card that you have has all of its pipes open a max of 16 on all cards and yous has all of them open so there is no need to go messing with trying to open any pipelines since they are all open.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by systemaxd
Well in defination you pipes on the card are the paths the data takes, the more open pipes the more data pes sec of transfer from the card to the mobo i think. But the card that you have has all of its pipes open a max of 16 on all cards and yous has all of them open so there is no need to go messing with trying to open any pipelines since they are all open.

thx, now im sure lol !

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah, on the X800XT all the pipes are unlocked....maybe u heard the X800 PRO was the one with the closed pipes, as it only has 12 over the 16 the XT has.

oly thing left for you now is to OC the nuts off it and feed it benchies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts