Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
11,136 Posts
Yes.. I have bought 4 Motherboards open box and have had only one of them that had a problem with.
The problem was in the bios and it was messed up so I RMA'd it and they sent me another one. It worked fine.

But if it is only 20 bucks then go with the new one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
easy:

1 do you need the esata cables, crossfire, driver cd and such or whatever else it comes with(it's on gigabytes site), if yes dont get the openbox since it maybe just the bare board.(hard drives generally come without an esata cable)
2 If you plan to resell later on having all the stuff that goes with it helps later on
3 dunno if gigabytes warranty starts from the moment you buy it or when the board was made, if the latter you may get a shorter warranty period.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
IMO $20 isnt worth it, but I saw some boards earlier that were $60 cheaper. Thats a deal.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by StretchNuts
View Post

IMO $20 isnt worth it, but I saw some boards earlier that were $60 cheaper. Thats a deal.

List please?

And i didn't think it was worth it when i posted...thought i might gather a few opinions though...thanks guys

·
Registered
901 Posts
For $20 i would just go for a new one. I got my X48 dfi open boxed. I never had many exp with open box, but I got all the accessories except NB HS fan clips.

However, you still won't regret it. Warranty is still there and comes with most if not all accessories IMO.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rewindlabs
View Post

List please?

And i didn't think it was worth it when i posted...thought i might gather a few opinions though...thanks guys

Referring to some boards I saw earlier looking for an upgrade for myself.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16813157142R
awesome deal IMO

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16813130140R
Another awesome deal

Not for you in particular. As I said, $20 wouldnt be enough to justify buying open box IMO, but a big discount like these would make open box deffinately worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts