Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Opera 10.51 was released less than three weeks after the release of the Opera 10.50 milestone release. Three public release candidates were released in rapid succession before the final version of Opera 10.51. The new version of the popular web browser fixes many user interface inconsistencies and bugs that have made their release in Opera 10.50, a release that many users thought to be rushed out by the developers to meet the browser ballot screen introduction in the European Union.

Opera 10.50 increased the performance of the web browser by a lot. The Opera browser is now one of the fastest web browsers available on the Internet and the developers promise that Opera 10.51 increases the speed further by up to 27% in the...

Source
Download Link

Good to see the support for Windows Previews are added.

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum
View Post

I use Firefox, Chrome, Opera interchangeably.

I use Opera only on my netbook.

It actually works extremely well, considering that it's running on a Pentium 1 with Win98.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manyak
View Post

/sigh

If only Opera had the addons I wanted

What addons are you looking for, specifically?

Opera had a lot of my Firefox addons built in.

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Conley
View Post

What addons are you looking for, specifically?

Opera had a lot of my Firefox addons built in.

Adblock plus
Noscript
Xmarks
Some flash video downloader

Those are the important ones at least, the rest I can live without. They're things like hiding the menu bar, a sidebar for downloads, stuff like that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manyak
View Post

Adblock plus
Noscript
Xmarks
Some flash video downloader

Those are the important ones at least, the rest I can live without. They're things like hiding the menu bar, a sidebar for downloads, stuff like that.

^^^this

i won't use any browser that won't give me this kind of control

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
I just tried opera and it's wasn't as fast as Chrome. I will use opera later when it is faster in real world usage.

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,521 Posts
im still running opera 10.50 as i switched a couple of days ago, and honestly the speed / stability is the part what i switched for, chrome sucks as it has a very ugly user interface, complicated password management and so on... i tried maxthon / firefox / chrome / opera, and stuck with the last one as its a very nice looking and very easy to handle browser.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Been checking it out today. Doesn't seem quite as fast as Chrome(seems to hang sometimes), but I am getting used to the interface. The gestures are a nice touch also.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by acadiancrusader View Post
^^^this

i won't use any browser that won't give me this kind of control
this.

adblock plus is a godsend (disabled for OCN
) and so are a few others

i'll try it though, thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
666 Posts
Opera has it's own in-built ad-blocker for the people who don't know. Many Firefox users will find a lot of the add-ons they enjoy are built right into Opera, as the inspiration for making them for Firefox came from features that were introduced with new releases of Opera.

Win 7 integration was in the Alpha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by francesthemutes View Post
If only Opera didn't crash every time it had to deal with Flash.
This used to happen to me a lot, and annoy the hell out of me in older versions, < 9. I haven't a crash due to Flash in a while now.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts