Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i am new to this forum, and a newbie on OC. I want to start, but first of all, i am going to buy a new PC, and i want some opinions, but since theres a lot of forums im not sure if this is the correct place, but if not, please move it.

Well, the question is this: Is this good enough to start with overcloking?

Intel Core I7 950 at 64 bits, Quad Core of 3.06 GHz with 8 MB of cache, speed
Bus: 4.8 GT/s
2GB/1333 DDR3 Kingston
Motherboard GIGABYTE: GA-H55-USB3
ATX Gaming. AECK. ZENUX Z9300. GAPC-239. 600 watts.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm building a pre-build. An also they told me this was going to be my motherboard, maybe they did a mistake. But this is the other option for motherboard: Intel: BOXDH55HC.

So, is it good? Or what kind of recommendations can you give?

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Who is they? whoever they is needs to get a lesson in motherboard compatibility. Maybe they are going to seel you a 800 series i7, bc the 900 series needs a x58 chipset. the first one is a p55 chipset, the seocnd is an H55 chipset, niegther work with the i7 900 series. you should quote me on that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm building a pre-build. lol, i meant i'm buying a pre-build.

Anyways, ok, here is the thing. A friend of mine sells computers, so he is basically helping me on this one. He will sent some options according to availability and i decide. So if this mother board doesnt work for the processor, excellent! Now i have a reason to reject that and look for another one. But, what about the processor, is it good for the OC?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts