Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Generally this is an easy question to answer....BUT

I set OCCT to run for 2 hours when I left for work this morning. Get home and it had failed.....after 9 hours and 47 minutes...

My time counter actually says -7h 47m. I mean it hit 2h and just kept on going, and I have no idea why. I don't think this test is really made to go that long, so is it semi safe to assume I'm stable or not?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Thats a bit weird but in any case a two hour run I consider stable. Then again, it may sound cliche but its true, if it does what you need your computer to do without crashing, then it is stable.
Im afraid stable is hard to define these days.
For me, an hour run of OCCT and then gaming plus some enconding is all the test I need.

·
My claws fix anything
3,246 Posts
Thats strange, I've never seen that before. I think the hard part here is determining if the test failed after 9hrs, or if it had simply been up that long after it failed.

Personally, I would try it again, but thats just me. Also, I usually use the custom infinite test, that way not only does it go longer than 2rs... but it also doesn't wait a minute to monitor stuff.

What voltage are you at ?

Good luck man

EDIT:

Ive had rigs that were 1hr stable, and would do everything I wanted... and still had the OS corrupt. So I guess that I err on the side of safety. Its just that the little errors perpetuate, and over time can really mess things up.

But I guess do whatever works for you

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by logan
View Post

Thats strange, I've never seen that before. I think the hard part here is determining if the test failed after 9hrs, or if it had simply been up that long after it failed.

Personally, I would try it again, but thats just me. Also, I usually use the custom infinite test, that way not only does it go longer than 2rs... but it also doesn't wait a minute to monitor stuff.

What voltage are you at ?

Good luck man

I have it at 1.425v. I might just knock it up one notch since it did fail (eventually) and call it a day.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
I usually run at least 20-30 passes of Intel Burn Test Lin Pack testing, 2 hours of OCCT and if it passes both of those, I do a good 12-24 hour run of Prime95.

If you can pass all those, I'd say you're stable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts