Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video interview about pc version:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/09/13...ectid=14349496

Whats your guys opinions on Call of Duty Black Ops for PC?

It's not gonna be all messed up like MW2, theres gonna be dedicated moddable servers along with ranked servers that aren't modded to create some balance etc.

I personally think it looks like it's gonna be a good pc title.

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
ill pass, the gameplay is as bad, if not worse than Mw2.

Kill streaks are the worst thing to happen to gaming since Kotick.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
long as mod tools don't drop to late, and the competition follows.. Only way for Black Ops to have competition is if Mods dont come to late for PAM or PROMOD and COD4 community finally leaves that game and jumps on Black Ops.

Even though most of the COD4 competition community is nothing but hacks and beating a dead horse now a days..

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I'll get it for sure, love MW2 and this one seems better. What i can't decide is if i should get it for PC or PS3, because there may not be dedicated servers in my country, everyone plays with pirated games and cracked servers here, that's why i couldn't play world at war online.

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPodder View Post
I'll probably get it for ps3 since I'm better at competitive gaming on consoles than I am on pc.
most people are. Their is a limit to just how good a console gamer can get, vs how good a pc gamer can get. Thats why we dont have xbox vs PC games after microsoft found that out.

pinpoint accuracy with just a flip of the wrist, vs general area accuracy with a nudge of a control stick. Or the fact you can swap targets pretty much instantly with a mouse up, down, left, right. Its all a piece of cake, not so easy to be targeting multiple targets at all different levels on the screen with a controller.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
most people are. Their is a limit to just how good a console gamer can get, vs how good a pc gamer can get. Thats why we dont have xbox vs PC games after microsoft found that out.

pinpoint accuracy with just a flip of the wrist, vs general area accuracy with a nudge of a control stick. Or the fact you can swap targets pretty much instantly with a mouse up, down, left, right. Its all a piece of cake, not so easy to be targeting multiple targets at all different levels on the screen with a controller.
Plus, no cheats on console.

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox_Smash View Post
Plus, no cheats on console.
what world are you living in?

Having a servers adminned is better than anything else available. They can do the banning that is needed, whether they be hackers or asshats.

Also you cant beat the community that forms around servers. Something console gamers will never ever experience.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Dedicated servers are a complete F*** UP + no mod tools

So no not buying and started to hate black ops when I found out about that

All thanks to ActivisionBlizzard

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kilrbe3 View Post
long as mod tools don't drop to late, and the competition follows.. Only way for Black Ops to have competition is if Mods dont come to late for PAM or PROMOD and COD4 community finally leaves that game and jumps on Black Ops.

Even though most of the COD4 competition community is nothing but hacks and beating a dead horse now a days..
eh ? there are some hackers about but not as much as you would of thought tbh. You find them mostly on clanbase wars if you play that c£$£$.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker36 View Post
ill play at a friends place before i drop that much cash on a game that may or may not be worth my time...
same here.

and John Galt should sing us a song.

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wavefunction View Post
It's hard to judge a game before it's out.
not really. when they give you plenty of preview articles, and lots of gameplay videos. Its very easy to judge it, esp when its not the first game in the series, as you already know how it will play.

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wavefunction View Post
It's hard to judge a game before it's out.
^^^

That's what I was thinking.

What they say before a game release and what actually happens are often very different things.

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Nah. Not for me. Especially since their PC titles are ports of the console version, where your kb/mouse controls have to be accessed in-game and not in an actual menu.

COD hasn't been awesome since COD2. One of my favorite shooters of all time. World at War wasn't too bad, but MW & MW2 were so fail. Even worse than COD3... which was bad.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I'm not really as excited for the game as I was for MW 2. And that was a huge let down for me. I'm cautious with this game. If things haven't greatly improved over MW 2. I will not get the game, it's as simple as that. If the game was actually handled with care and they listened to us about the features we wanted IN GAME, like changing the cheap kill streaks, try to cut down on camping and hackers, and for the love of God no more noob tubes.

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Good thing most people said MW2 was garbage before it came out then still wound up buying it anyway (I didn't).

I might try this game out since there isn't any other shooters I have worth playing really.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts