·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the coolers in question are these three:
CM Hyper 212+ 45usd
CM Hyper N620 79usd
Scythe Mugen 2 90usd

i know the prices are not great nor the seleccion but thats what i could get on my country.
locally there are also true rev.c for 115usd and venomous x for 120usd but i would need to get a fan for either and also the amd bolt kit for the venomous so those get too expensive. same for the h50 150usd >_<

in a future i plan to get a 1055t and maybe oc to 3,8ghz (or if i wait even more some bulldozer)

so what you guys think?

·
Banned
5,223 Posts
Well the venemous X or h50 are the best if you can get the, , but if you cant, get the scythe mugen2. thatll give you 4ghz probably

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It all depends on how much money you're willing to spend. The Hyper 212+ is definitely the best there price/performance wise, being half the cost of the Mugen 2 for a couple C higher temps. Personally, I'd say get the Hyper 212+, get a second fan for a push/pull config (the fan that comes with the Hyper 212+ is the Cooler Master R4-BMBS-20PK-R0 Blade Master), and then get some good T.I.M., either OCZ Freeze, Arctic/Arctic Cooling MX-3 or MX-4 (not sure if MX-4 is available anywhere yet), or Shin-Etsu X23-7783D.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Mugen is marginally better than the 212+.
Get the 212+, it offers you excellent performance and value.
N620 is decent, but not worth the extra price.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wassap
View Post

the coolers in question are these three:
CM Hyper 212+ 45usd
CM Hyper N620 79usd
Scythe Mugen 2 90usd

i know the prices are not great nor the seleccion but thats what i could get on my country.
locally there are also true rev.c for 115usd and venomous x for 120usd but i would need to get a fan for either and also the amd bolt kit for the venomous so those get too expensive. same for the h50 150usd >_<

in a future i plan to get a 1055t and maybe oc to 3,8ghz (or if i wait even more some bulldozer)

so what you guys think?

I think the CM Hyper 212+ works best for your situation, performance-wise and financial-wise. It gives satisfactory performance and yet it hits your wallet the least.

It can handle your current Phenom II X3 710 without problem.
It will handle your future Phenom II X6 1055T with no problem as well.

Reference link: overclocked to 3.8GHz with one stock fan in ambient 25C. With more voltage fine-tuning and a second fan, this will get even better

http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/74...phenom-ii.html

·
Registered
657 Posts
Get the 212+ I got one shipped refurb from cm store for a whooping 23.00 shipping is high to me -_- its only 14.99 atm there

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Like others have said, get the Hyper 212 Plus for bang for buck. I have it on my system with the stock fan only at it keeps my 965 C3 at 38C idle and 49C full load while stress testing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by windfire View Post
I think the CM Hyper 212+ works best for your situation, performance-wise and financial-wise. It gives satisfactory performance and yet it hits your wallet the least.

It can handle your current Phenom II X3 710 without problem.
It will handle your future Phenom II X6 1055T with no problem as well.

Reference link: overclocked to 3.8GHz with one stock fan in ambient 25C. With more voltage fine-tuning and a second fan, this will get even better

http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/74...phenom-ii.html
nice review thx for the link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehume View Post
BTW - can you get a Noctua NH-D14? If so, how much does it cost?
USD 175 maybe 10 less, but thats about it.

212+ was my first choise since like all you said the price/performance ratio is great, but then i saw the n620 and started to doubt a bit.
as for TIM i got MX-2 a while back so i will be using that if i get the 212+

just a moment ago i was talking with a friend from a neighbor country and over there they got Ven-X RT in stock again (i recommended that one to him and hes pretty happy with it) if we can sort the shipping thing there is the chance to get the ven-x for 100usd (big saving since it comes with the am3 kit and a fan included)
so now thats the best option, if that cant be done i will go for the hyper 212+ since the only cooler i wouldnt mind to spend that kind of money on is the venomous.

thanks everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts