Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well pretty much the only thing I've added into my computer is my GPU, PSU and a couple of good fans. So I was wondering where would be a good point to go from here in terms of upgrades. I figure maybe of course getting a new processor/motherboard and maybe some RAM but was wondering which would help me benefit the most at the moment. Also was wondering if my 3dMark score is on par with what I have inside my computer at the moment http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/5481373? I know its just numbers in the long run. But I know some people can gauge what they need to work on next from the benchmark. So if anyone can kind of give me a direction to go from here that would be awesome! Also would like to know if OCing some things would be a nice extra possibility. Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I do that? Sorry, I'm new to these forums obviously. Also, my specs for my computer should be included in the 3dmark link if I'm not mistaken!

·
waifu for lifu
11,576 Posts
From a quick glance I would an additional 4 to 12 gigs of ram. Also add an ssd.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A lot of my parts aren't even able to find on the rig builder except the obvious ones. I can list as much as I can here though.

CPU: Intel I5 4460 3.2mhz
GPU: NVIDIA EVGA GTX 980 SC
PSU: Corsair ax760
RAM: Raxamel 4g sticks x2
HDD: 1tb
Motherboard: Some kind of lenovo one.

Obiviously this was not a build from the ground up computer and was partially premade which definitely probably doesn't help xD

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Computer noob here lol what is and does an SSD do exactly? Or rather what does it increase xD

·
waifu for lifu
11,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot44 View Post

Computer noob here lol what is and does an SSD do exactly? Or rather what does it increase xD
Solid state drive, as to oppose to a normal disc hard drive. The PC will have faster boot up and loading times if installed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see, so I'm probably just looking into getting some better sticks of RAM and a SSD at this point then? Do I have to worry about my CPU and MOBO or am I alright at the moment for that. Also should I even bother to OC?

·
waifu for lifu
11,576 Posts
Unless that cpu bottlenecks you 980, i wouldnt upgrade it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As far as I know it doesn't so thats good to hear. Guess I'll invest in the SSD and some quality ram.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts