Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Dell Inspiron 530 w/ Q6600 that a few days ago I overclocked using the BSEL modification method. Everything is working great and stable for several days now. However, I noticed some patterns in core temp that I hadn't seen before so I wanted to get some opinions from others.

With the Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz (stock) and the HSF that came with it, I was seeing core temps like 55,53,52,52 C with some fluctuations here and there.

Now, with the Q6600 + BSEL mod @ 3.0Ghz and a Zalman 9700 cooler, the first few days I saw core temps like 52,50,43,44 C, again with some fluctuations here and there. However, notice that the spread between core 0+1 and core 2+3 is much wider than before. So, this was the pattern for a few days.

Then, today I noticed the core temps are like 52,45,44,50 C. Notice instead of core 0+1 being the hottest, now it's core 0+3. (and core 1+2 are the coolest).

All the above temps are during normal use, which is relatively idle with a few spikes here and there. Not doing anything overly CPU intensive; just email, web, watching videos, etc.

So, my questions, or at least where I'd like to get some opinions about are:

1) do other people also see the core temp spread as I do after OC a Q6600? I know this thing is really just two dual cores in a single package... i'm just curious about the temp difference between the cores...

2) I can understand core 0+1 being hotter than core 2+3, each being it's own dual-core. however, the recent change to core 0+3 being the hottest then contradicts. strangely, some googling revealed others have seen this flip between core0+1 and core 0+3 being the hottest cores. is that what others have seen here too?

any general comments?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Thats normal, you only have a 7c spread at the worst, 7-9c spread on core temps is very common. I wouldn't over think it, I think mine are 48/56/49/55 at load, each chip is different..

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by q6600nut View Post
Thats normal, you only have a 7c spread at the worst, 7-9c spread on core temps is very common. I wouldn't over think it, I think mine are 48/56/49/55 at load, each chip is different..
what's your ambient temp?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts